Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I decided to upgrade the original head unit in my car to the aftermarket device on android. Judging by the reviews on the Internet, this device is not a bad option. Do you think it's worth spending money on a device of this brand?

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's the nicest OE replacement radio I've seen so far. I bought a radio similar to the one you listed for my 2015 CT200H. If you wanted a radio you could "drop-in" and plug it up then go with that one. I really didn't like the look of the graphical interface on the one I got. I ended up returning it and then having someone custom install a Kenwood double din radio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's the nicest OE replacement radio I've seen so far. I bought a radio similar to the one you listed for my 2015 CT200H. If you wanted a radio you could "drop-in" and plug it up then go with that one. I really didn't like the look of the graphical interface on the one I got. I ended up returning it and then having someone custom install a Kenwood double din radio.
Any pics of your radio. Tho king bout getting a kenwood double din also just worried that it won’t be easy to install due to all I’m reading that just about everyone getting that android head unit which I’m trying to avoid

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any pics of your radio. Tho king bout getting a kenwood double din also just worried that it won’t be easy to install due to all I’m reading that just about everyone getting that android head unit which I’m trying to avoid
It's pretty easy to install as long as you have some experience with some tools, IE cutting and welding. I don't have that experience, so I didn't do it myself. The shop that did my install only had to cut the original bracket that came with the radio. They also shaved a little bit off from the right trim piece. You can also see a very small cut was made next to the shifter. Aside from that, it was a drop in radio. Obviously, there is a gap on the bottom of the radio so the shop used some type of ABS plastic to fill it in. Since this radio has Android Auto/CarPlay, I would never go back to OEM. If I upgraded to the UX 250H, I don't believe I could put a radio in the car even if I wanted to. If I had to do this entire project over again with my CT, I'd say I would install the aftermarket radio again in a heartbeat. The factory radio (mine didn't come with a flip-up display) doesn't have Android Auto / CarPlay and I personally use that all the time.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
81 Posts
I would definitely get that instead of a "universal" head unit. Just because its just a flawless and clean install. The universal units stick out like a sore thumb and the plastics dont match.

I wouldn't necessarily get it from that website tho. I've seen that exact one on aliexpress cheaper.

They are petty much all made by the same company but sold under different branding.

As for the Ui, what you see in the pic in not the actual ui. I have one installed and I hardly interact with the ui. It starts up in Nav mode and stream music from my phone. I hardly ever see the home screen because Im only usually there to open app drawer for a specific reason.

Look for one with android 8.1 or higher. Go to aliexpress and type in "ct200h navirider" click on one similar and then you'll see all the suggeateds.

install or test it out immediately because once the guarantee period is up youre Sol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts