Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just picked up my ct from a custom car shop in NYC. I had a Pioneer CD, Nav,AM/FM HD, XM & DVD installed, they had to make a small notch on the right for the unit to fit but I can live with it. Took 3 days to install, I just didn't like the factory radio and couldn't get a car with a Nav system.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Looks like a clean install! Integrates well with the existing speakers?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wait...huh? Didn't you post just yesterday asking if you should or not?
Oh well... It looks cool, though! Looks almost like there was no fabrication or cutting involved at all (well, except the obvious part).

·
Registered
38 Posts
I Just picked up my ct from a custom car shop in NYC. I had a Pioneer CD, Nav,AM/FM HD, XM & DVD installed, they had to make a small notch on the right for the unit to fit but I can live with it. Took 3 days to install, I just didn't like the factory radio and couldn't get a car with a Nav system.
Can i ask how much for both the unit and install? Quite intriguing...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, that looks pretty great, I actually posted about this a little while back. I was thinking about this , but found out that there is no wiring harness currently. Did they hardwire yours in? Also why did you decide on that pioneer? And lastly were they able to integrate the steering wheel controls? I wanted to to the same thing, but not for the Nav, its because the quality of the Sat radio is really sub-par.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They did hardwire it, I chose the Pioneer (not my first choice) because of space under the dash reasons, and the steering wheel controls could not be set at this time because of changes to the controls from the 2010 Lexus to the 2011 models and I didn't want them to experiment with my car, another thing I can live with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i don't understand why the audio shop decided to install the trim like that?

with the radio removed, you have tons of room for a double din if the installer would have just moved the radio up some more versus installing it lower requiring a piece of the trim to be trimmed.

i will definitely look into this once a proper dash kit is available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have any aftermarket noise? There is this faint (sometimes not so faint) high pitched noise in my car post-aftermarket install. He told me it must be interference with the hybrid system since all the wires were grounded properly...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you have any aftermarket noise? There is this faint (sometimes not so faint) high pitched noise in my car post-aftermarket install. He told me it must be interference with the hybrid system since all the wires were grounded properly...
If the aftermarket installation is done properly there will be no noises. There is only noises when the job wasn't done right.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What head unit are people going with for aftermarket nav?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts