Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm thinking about putting an aftermarket navigation system in my ct - good or bad idea?
As in the types that replace your stock radio/head unit? Not a "bad" idea...I think most aftermarket units are much nicer than stock. But I'm not sure an adapter kit is available to make any a perfect fit for the CT's yet (do they?)...unless you know of a custom car mod shop that can fabricate and make it all fit nicely. If so, it'd be quite a sight to see...especially (if possible) if all is connected to the steering wheel controls & USB/Aux In, and where the GPS antenna would be located.
What model head unit are you looking at?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at a Pioneer AVIC-Z130, a custom car shop in NYC said they could make an adapter kit and I'd be the second ct200h they did this month. The only thing they don't want to do is connect the steering wheel controls, the installer said it's different from other Lexus models.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was looking at a Pioneer AVIC-Z130, a custom car shop in NYC said they could make an adapter kit and I'd be the second ct200h they did this month. The only thing they don't want to do is connect the steering wheel controls, the installer said it's different from other Lexus models.
Cool! Too bad about the steering wheel controls...but, they can connect the USB & Aux ports?

Do you have a choice of the Head Unit, though? Not to ruin your day, but that particular model has some bad reviews on the speed of the GPS, lockups/freezes and other little things. Check out some reviews on Crutchfield, for example.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They can do the USB & Aux port, just talked to them and they will custom build and install any model I want, just depends on how much I want to spend. Installer said it took him three days to custom fit the last one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wow 3 days? ...that's understandable, though, since it's custom fabricated work.
If you decide to go with it, hope you can post some pics for us. I know quite a few of us here are interested in replacing the HU, and would like to see some finished work.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I installed a Pioneer Avic in a previous Z4. Took 3 days. Very good device included DVD player. I only keep my cars 2 years so it's hard to justify such a big investment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts