Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
This is my fiirst post, so please feel to point me in the right direction if my questions have already been asked elsewhere.

So I was wondering if there is anywhere where I can get an itemized list of the changes through the model years. Obviously they are all the same generation at this point, but Toyota (lexus) usually has subtle changes years to year (and sometimes even half year). Is there any options you wish you had, that would have been worth holding out for? I have heard conflicting reviews that say the 2014 is/isn't touchscreen nav, any answers?

Are there any issues to be aware of or specific items to look out for with buying a used low milage ct?

And finally, as my new car search has been narrowed to the Ct or the mazda3 hatch, does anyone have an opinion on milage for the hybrid with my commute being over a mountain pass each day. I go up and over a 1500 foot climb, then coast into the next valley. From reading the board, it looks like the hybrid may suffer a bit in the mountains.

much appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 10 or 11 mile drive to work. My house is at 6000 feet while my office is at a little under 5000 feet. The only issue I've noticed is that I get better mileage on the way to work than get on the way home. The lack of torque is occasionally a little distressing, and combined with the CV transmission it sounds like the engine is really working hard to climb a hill or merge onto the interstate. It still maintains speed up a hill, and I eventually got past the sound .... mostly. I haven't had the chance to take it into the mountains, yet. That will be a really good test, but I bet I get great mileage on the way home!

I tend to get hyper focused on what I don't like about a car when it's new and I'm paying attention to every detail. I've had the CT for 3 full months, and I'm just now getting to the point where I forget to notice things that used to bother me, like the weird sound of the CVT mated to an under torqued engine. OK, I still wish it didn't have halogen headlights. After the novelty of a new car wears off a little and it gets more routine to drive it, I catch myself appreciating the things I like more, and the things I thought I disliked tend to sort of fade away.

I initially liked the car enough to buy it, but I find that I actually enjoy it more after 3 months. Besides, it's fun to fill it up every 3 weeks, and get change from a $20 bill!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts