Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a backup camera is part of the navigation package, but does that include the advanced parking guidance system? I'm referring to the audio signal that beeps faster as you approach an obstacle as well as the graphic of the car showing where the obstacle is located.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I know that a backup camera is part of the navigation package, but does that include the advanced parking guidance system? I'm referring to the audio signal that beeps faster as you approach an obstacle as well as the graphic of the car showing where the obstacle is located.
Nope, not yet. I see in the manual something about the park option but from what I heard from a guy with a Prius V that had it he said he could park a lot faster with out it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, not yet. I see in the manual something about the park option but from what I heard from a guy with a Prius V that had it he said he could park a lot faster with out it.
If it's not available, then I wonder why it's a feature that's mentioned on the Lexus CT website in the videos section under model highlights: luxury.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If it's not available, then I wonder why it's a feature that's mentioned on the Lexus CT website in the videos section under model highlights: luxury.
Probably just not available in the initial release. It shows it in the owners manual as an optional accessory.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm hoping that it's a dealer installed option (rather than a factory installed option) so that we can easily add it later.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I read somewhere that the advanced parking guidance was only available in Europe.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I believe that the Intelligent Park Assist is only available everywhere except for the US.

The parking lines only show up on the little backup camera that shows on the little screen in the rearview mirror, not the nav screen.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Intelligent Park Assist like the system in the Prius. Push the button and the car parks itself we dont have in Europe.

You can buy park distance control (only beeps) and when you buy NAV you have a cam on the big display with parking lines. And you can add PDC with NAV.

Versions without nav the screen. Camera display, its integrated in the rear view mirror with parking lines.

For me its a overrated system. Its a small car.

The biggest difference with european models and USA Model is the Mark Levinson sound system ITS GREAT! !!
And we can add as factory option privacy glass. Wich (if i am correct) you also dont have

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
oops. i stand corrected. our cars in the US do not have INTUITIVE park assist, which are the sensors in the bumper, unlike our European counterparts. And yes, no Mark Levinson or privacy glass. UGH!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wonder if our 6 disc changers can be "unlocked" to play DVD's like it says in the manual . . . that works out of the box in Europe as well right?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I wonder if our 6 disc changers can be "unlocked" to play DVD's like it says in the manual . . . that works out of the box in Europe as well right?
Not in the US

CD players cannot play DVD's

I doubt Toyota installed a DVD changer just to play CD's

Also requires car to be stationary I believe.

I installed a Panasonic DVD Player / Nav unit in a previous BMW I owned the DVD player takes a signal from the emergency brake before it will activate, ie the Feds don't want you watching movies while you drive!

However, it could be circumvented.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So is this video showing a parking guidance system that's only available in Europe? It's not available in the United States?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts