Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is has anyone added an secondary amp to there 10 speaker premium system? If so, where did you tap the remote wire? I will be using a hi/low pass filter for RCA signal off the stock SUB.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just wondering if anyone ever came up with a spot to tap into for the remote wire, as well as the pass filter?
Did the signal off the stock sub work?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm planning on doing this to my 2015 CT w/ Nav and Premium Audio.

However, as some or many know, the factory audio boosts bass output at low volume and cuts back bass output at higher volumes, to protect the speaker from damage as normally the factory speakers can't keep up.

I'm not a big fan of this sound profile as my bass sounds too boomy at low volume and non-existent higher up. I plan on using the Audiocontrol LC2i to remedy this issue, while it also provides RCA inputs to the aftermarket amp. I think I want to use the Alpine M250 amp, but was wondering if anyone knew the ohm of the stock woofer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The stock woofer is really tiny and light, I doubted if you will be satisfy with the bass by upgrading the aftermarket amp. It would be much better to replace with an 8" aftermarket woofer and amp. I've installed a 10" Rockford Fosgate within the factory enclosure, although it required a little bit of modification to the factory enclosure. The 8" should be fit fine with little modification. I've used the Rockford Fosgate RF-HLC Line Out Converter between the factory amp and the Rockford Fosgate amp. Pulled the power for the remote wire from the Accessory Power fuse in the fuse panel below the steering wheel by using a 10A mini fuse tap from Autozone. The bass is so much better now, I've also replaced all the speakers to the Infinity Reference Series so I am satisfy with the whole setup.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The stock woofer is really tiny and light, I doubted if you will be satisfy with the bass by upgrading the aftermarket amp. It would be much better to replace with an 8" aftermarket woofer and amp. I've installed a 10" Rockford Fosgate within the factory enclosure, although it required a little bit of modification to the factory enclosure. The 8" should be fit fine with little modification. I've used the Rockford Fosgate RF-HLC Line Out Converter between the factory amp and the Rockford Fosgate amp. Pulled the power for the remote wire from the Accessory Power fuse in the fuse panel below the steering wheel by using a 10A mini fuse tap from Autozone. The bass is so much better now, I've also replaced all the speakers to the Infinity Reference Series so I am satisfy with the whole setup.
Care to share which wires you used between the factory amp and line out?
Both colour and what those colour wires are?
Ie. Sub, front doors, etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've spliced into the Subwoofer wires from the factory amp. I belived the wires are Purple and Yellow before the connector but White and White/Black Stripe after the connector just before it goes into the subwoofer.

The wires are white (+) and white/black stripe (-) after the factory connector before it goes into the subwoofer. I've spliced it there and extend to the RF-HLC Converter. White wire spliced with the positive wires and the white/black stripe spliced with the negative wires from the Rockford Fosgate RF-HLC Converter, then RCA from Converter to the Rockford Fosgate Amp. New Speaker Wires from Rockford Fosgate Amp to the Subwoofer.

Didn't take any pictures when I did the install but I can if you guys need them. Too much snow in Chicago today so might have to wait when it gets a little warmer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts