Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently purchased a 2015 CT200h that came with the backup camera but no homelink. Sorry I am not a car guy so don't know the exact model (no flames, please). Does anyone know of a reasonably inexpensive solution to adding homelink? Lexus' fee would be around $900 installed. This would make a great Christmas/Channukah gift for "she who must be obeyed." Thanks in advance.

IH_Golfer

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ya, search for "homelink" on this forum. Someone did a nice writeup recently. Basically you just unplug the overhead console that you have now and install the replacement one that has the homelink built-in. It's a completely plug-and-play swap. I've been trying to find a used one for around $100 but the ones that I find on Ebay are closer to $200.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I checked the link, but we need the backup camera, too. I doubt I have the skills for that.

Marc

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can just buy rearview mirrors with homelink. My ct came with the homelink in the rearview mirror but I upgraded to a different rearview mirror. Since It had the wiring already I just had to unplug the old and plug in the new. If you had to do it from scratch, you just have to hide the wires in the trim and tap the fuse box.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey IH_Golfer, I have minimal car modding experience and DIY'd both Homelink and backup camera. Definitely couldn't have done it w/o the help of the guides and comments made by the members here. Pricewise, Homelink was about $100 and the backup camera w/ LCD rear view mirror was $250. This is considerably less than what Lexus would charge. Also, from what mc021 was saying, you could buy a rearview mirror with Homelink, but I believe the only one available is made by Gentext and it costs around $600.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey IH_Golfer, I have minimal car modding experience and DIY'd both Homelink and backup camera. Definitely couldn't have done it w/o the help of the guides and comments made by the members here. Pricewise, Homelink was about $100 and the backup camera w/ LCD rear view mirror was $250. This is considerably less than what Lexus would charge. Also, from what mc021 was saying, you could buy a rearview mirror with Homelink, but I believe the only one available is made by Gentext and it costs around $600.
There are other makers but you just have to make sure it is a wedge mount for the CT. They have a general one for $200 more for compass, even more for frameless. I actually still have my homelink rearview mirror that came with my CT. Let me know if you're interested in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts