Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2013 CT base model, and I've seen some pictures of our car with aftermarket double din head units. I was wondering if this is possible without having to trim any of the surrounding panels? I would go with a 6.1" unit since space looks really tight as it is. Please let me know, thank you!

·
Registered
383 Posts
PM replied to.
As long as you put the radio as high up in the opening and make some filler panels (since there will be some gaps) I don't thing you'll need to trim or modify any of the panels.

I keep pushing to get our cars on the list to have a kit made for them. Some days it's on the list and some days it gets kicked off and replaced by another car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill. A kit would be great, but like you said, I don't see there being a high enough demand for them to justify the initial production unfortunately : ( As long as I don't need to modify any panels, I'll have the shop that does my audio work have a go at it. : )

·
Registered
77 Posts
so i got a little tied up this weekend because my sound deadening came in :O, spent the weekend doing the trunk and floor. Didnt have time to do the doors.

Some things i went through to get the headunit to fit the best was i basically moved the mouting holes of the brackets themselves to the right. and on the bracket i had to drill new holes below the originial to move the head unit down.

The head unit i went with is the DNN990, I have notched some of the right leather piece but am not completely happy with the gap i still have on with the headunit on the left and bottom side so im going to play with that fitment a little more first. But im within and 1/8" gap though(from ~5/16")

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just a random thought regarding our uniquely sized head units: Someone with a little ingenuity can completely relocate a new head unit to some other location (hidden or otherwise) and somehow gut out the stock head unit and use the face as a remote panel control. Wire the buttons and knobs to the new head unit and use whatever steering wheel control adapters available to retain the that function. Of course if one wanted a screen then this wouldn't work at all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I thought of doing this but for what i needed the cost wasnt there and alot of hastle. I almost put a Nexus 7 in but that requires a special interface with programming to get the steering wheel controls to work and for the car audio stuff i have(2 amps) i would still need a headunit to power that stuff and it would connect to the tablet with a 3.5mm jack or bluetooth and there is audio loss there so. Yes it requires ingenuity but the cost isnt really there yet so i bought the next best thing. DNN990HD :) and it runs android!

and i have the next couple days off ill try and get some pics, Heres what is taking most of time, and last week was my birthday so i didnt work
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Motor vehicle

·
Registered
187 Posts
I thought of doing this but for what i needed the cost wasnt there and alot of hastle. I almost put a Nexus 7 in but that requires a special interface with programming to get the steering wheel controls to work and for the car audio stuff i have(2 amps) i would still need a headunit to power that stuff and it would connect to the tablet with a 3.5mm jack or bluetooth and there is audio loss there so. Yes it requires ingenuity but the cost isnt really there yet so i bought the next best thing. DNN990HD :) and it runs android!

and i have the next couple days off ill try and get some pics, Heres what is taking most of time, and last week was my birthday so i didnt work
View attachment 44273
I didn't appreciate until now the amount of wires that went into creating our car. The car's really got a lot more digits than mechanics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts