Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the silver LC500 push button on my RCF and it's plug and play. On the CT the connector is different on our cars plus we have the older style push button.

Here's the LC500 push ignition. It's concave as well, so just overall in my opinion looks nicer and is nicer to touch.

One thing to note is that LC500 trim ring is bigger in the diameter than the Toyota/chrome trim ring on our push ignition button. You can resuse the chrome ring if you want but I just modified the LC500 since it's a nicer color and I am not a big fan of chrome. Now it fits in the opening no problem once you shave does the outer diameter of the trim ring.

Hand Camera lens Gesture Finger Camera accessory

Gesture Finger Wrist Thumb Gadget

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Plant Motor vehicle

Everything works like before, turns the car on and off..etc. Lights up white.

-Nigel

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
390 Posts
On the CT the connector is different on our cars plus we have the older style push button.

View attachment 61607
What is that second picture? Did you have to make that wire harness? How did you get around that issue.

One thing to note is that LC500 trim ring is bigger in the diameter than the Toyota/chrome trim ring on our push ignition button. You can resuse the chrome ring if you want but I just modified the LC500 since it's a nicer color and I am not a big fan of chrome. Now it fits in the opening no problem once you shave does the outer diameter of the trim ring.

View attachment 61608
And then with this, did you get a better picture of how you cut it? Is the cut edge visible?

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is that second picture? Did you have to make that wire harness? How did you get around that issue.

That's the wiring harness to adapt the 14 pin connector that our car has to the newer 9 pin connector of the push ignitions. I bought this as a whole with the switch from Japan. But I ended up taking off the tape and doing a pin out of the harness. I am more than likely going to make some extra harnesses so if someone were to use the newer style push ignition then it's all 100% plug and play. Very easy to do actually. This connector just simply plugs into our ignition harness connector, then the other end plugs into the new push ignition. Button lights up white, just like OEM. Same exact function when you push to start the car in accessory/on/ignition..etc. Just looks a lot nicer :)

And then with this, did you get a better picture of how you cut it? Is the cut edge visible?
In terms of cutting, the way I did it was remove the trim ring. It just pops off. Then I held the trim ring with my fingers in the center so it wouldn't move and simply took a sanding disc on my dremel and went completely around the entire diameter of the ring until it got smaller. I could have probably stopped about 10 rotations sooner for a little bit tighter fit. But it's only visible to me. I showed my wife and she said it looks fine and doesn't see any issues with it. You don't see any visible cut. Just like what the picture shows it fits right into the existing hole. HOWEVER, if I took this same trim ring and put it on my RCF I am 100% certain you would see a gap all the way around the trim ring and the ignition cowl cover because the newer Lexus's have a bigger ignition opening. Since this isn't going to be moved to any other Lexus we have I figured it was easier to modify the trim ring rather than enlarging the entire cowl ignition opening and then have a fear of the leather/material bubbling up since it wouldn't have been bonded to anything by enlarging the hole.

Plus if I ever did want to take this off one could find a used lc500 button and take the trim ring off it and use it again with this no problem.

I don't think it was mentioned here at all but people are hell bent on the RCF groups saying the trim ring is metal. It's not, it's 100% plastic. If it was metal it would have taken way longer to make the diameter smaller. You would ONLY ever see the modification of the trim ring if you removed the trim ring or the push button start to look at it. When it sits inside the opening as pictured, it just looks normal and how it should have come from the factory. I think I shaved off around 2mm of the outer diameter. I didn't take measurements but I could if need be.

-Nigel

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
67 Posts
Nice work! Great innovative engineering like this is what keeps the forum going!! 🙌🙌🙌

1 - 6 of 6 Posts