Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery Saturday of my Fire Agate Pearl CT200h with black leather, LED headlights and nav. It is a thrilling vehicle, and I know I'm going to be very happy with it for years.

I have two questions, though, which I'm hoping more experienced owners can address.

1. Upon shifting into reverse, the nav screen folds out--and an ad for Lexus Enform appears, along with a notice to please drive safely! By the time they disappear, I've already finished backing up. Anyone found a way to delete or disable those and cut straight to the image?

2. I worry about the sharply edged door-side bolster on the driver's seat. It is very susceptible to wear each time the driver gets in or out. Anyone thought of a way to protect it?

Dan

·
Registered
180 Posts
1. Upon shifting into reverse, the nav screen folds out--and an ad for Lexus Enform appears, along with a notice to please drive safely! By the time they disappear, I've already finished backing up. Anyone found a way to delete or disable those and cut straight to the image?

Dan
I can see this being really annoying if you have a rear backup camera. :mad:

How long does the splash screen stay up?

·
Registered
53 Posts
My thought is that it isn't so much an ad, but is more like the boot-up BIOS for the system itself, kind of like the pre-Windows HP/Dell/etc. screen you see when you first turn a PC on (most computers have the detailed bootup information hidden these days, but the Enform logo is better than reading system check information, right?).

Does the screen not raise when you first power on the car? If not, that's probably a setting, but otherwise are you just popping into reverse that quickly after pressing the Start button that it hasn't had time to cycle through yet?

·
Registered
130 Posts
The warning message shows up the first time that the nav screen is displayed during a given trip. I recently changed the setting on the nav system so that the display doesn't automatically revert to the nav screen. Now, the Audio screen is typically the first one that appears when I start the car (since it is typically the mode that it's in when I get home). Therefore, the warning message doesn't appear when I'm backing out of my driveway in the morning. The Lexus Enform splash screen does still display. But that's really quick.

With this setting, I get the warning message the first time that I change the display to the nav screen.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If I go into reverse before the Enform screen goes off, the backup image is would show on the screen anyway.

Tim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, how about this?

Any way to keep the screen from flipping up when you start the car and then only move forward? (I understand it's always going to open when you shift into reverse.)

I am always mindful of wear and tear -- guess I'm still traumatized by crappy American cars from the 70's. I'd rather not have the screen open on its own.

·
Registered
180 Posts
OK, how about this?

Any way to keep the screen from flipping up when you start the car and then only move forward? (I understand it's always going to open when you shift into reverse.)

I am always mindful of wear and tear -- guess I'm still traumatized by crappy American cars from the 70's. I'd rather not have the screen open on its own.
I worry about these things as well! When I had pop up headlights, I'd leave them up if I knew that it would be dark the next time I used the car! After all, there are only so many cycles in a motorized device before it fails! ;)

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to keep the screen from going up once the "On" button is pushed! I am also bothered by the fact that there is no way of switching to "accessory" mode after parking (to finish listening to something or program destinations into the NAV, for example) without shutting down (screen goes down) and then powering back up in accessory mode (screen goes back up!) :mad:

I'm so bothered by this that I just don't do it!! Even if I otherwise want to! :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts