Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all you CT lovers,
I am not sure if I am the only person that have done this on the CT so far.
here is my story....
most of the time I reset my MPG meter after each time I fill up.
and I usually get about 46 to 48 Avg MPG, with about 8 to 9 gallon of usage.
but lately, I have been calculating the MPG manually.
this is what I have done.
each time when I fill up, I keep track of how much Gallon gets pumped in, to get full.
and how much I have driven on the last Tank. Miles.
so I take the miles divide by the gallon.
I have done this about 2 to 3 cycles now, that's about 2 to 3 weeks. all my results are around 44MPG, give and take a gallon.
but the CT MPG meter all said 47+

so the meter and the actual there is about a +- 9% error rate.

anyone have notice this?? just wanted to bring this up, that's all.

thanks.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yes I would bet to say over 50% of CT owners do this regularly. There are a ton of threads on this topic already out there. The meter is off about 2-3 mpg based on the driver. I have owned my car for a year and drove 25,000 miles and have tracked each fill up on a phone app I have that saves it and breaks it down into bar graphs. My actual mpg over the last 12 months is 40.5 mpg. My car meter reads 42.5.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
391 Posts
so the meter and the actual there is about a +- 9% error rate.

anyone have notice this?? just wanted to bring this up, that's all.
It's been posted a good number of times already. Most people get about 2 mpg lower with the gallons/miles calculation.

Curious about your math indicating 9% though... 3/44 =.068 x 100 = 6.8% (6.4% using 47) :p

I've stopped looking at my mpg completely. Enjoy driving the CT much more now! :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
It's worth noting that this is not just a characteristic of the CT, but of the Toyota fuel measuring system. The reason that I say this is that my 2007 Prius does the exact same thing as my 2011 CT, and it is widely reported on PriusChat as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts