Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
It is sluggish in Eco mode for me. Anyways, I think the positioning of the pedal is optimized based on the seating position. The steering wheel is angled 21 degrees to the sport seats w/ a low hip angle, which is supposed to put the driver closer to the center of gravity. The pedals are thus configured to match this seating configuration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i been driving in ECO mode thinking i be saving more gas but Matt what you said in the other thread made sense. Since it takes longer to accelerate it might use more gas. When i drive in Eco mode have the push the pedal pretty hard to accelerate but i conserve and use EV as much as possible. But sport mode drives go's like there no other.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear in my question. I mean physically harder to push down. I find my foot starting to hurt after about an hour of bumper to bumper traffic. So I compared it to my IS pedal and the CT seems harder to push down. Anyone?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear in my question. I mean physically harder to push down. I find my foot starting to hurt after about an hour of bumper to bumper traffic. So I compared it to my IS pedal and the CT seems harder to push down. Anyone?
Is it hard to push in all modes? If the answer is yes, I would go to the dealer and let the service dept see if there is something wrong. I am not having that trouble; although. eco mode is harder to push than normal or sport.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Is your seat configured properly? I've noticed that when the bolsters are too high, it puts pressure on my thighs and contributes to fatigue. It also may be because the car is so new and the pedals need a little breaking in? But this shouldn't last more than a few actuations of the pedal.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the same problem but I resolved it by rolling up my floormat and putting it just under the base of the gas pedal.

Just kidding! :p

No problem here on my car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think it is better than in srx-just have to remember that I have to push harder if I decide to go through yellow light-I don't want to have camera take my picture!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I thought the same thing in the beginning, until I switched to "Sport" mode 100% of the time. Pedal response felt MUCH BETTER. Guess what also happened . . . yeah, my mpg went up! Like was previously mentioned. I think you spend too long getting up to speed in normal or eco mode. I use sport mode and get up to speed quicker (without mashing the pedal) and then I'm at a cruising speed. That's where the money's at! I'm a strong believer in using Sport mode. You can still drive it carefully in sport, or have fun with it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that there are more CT owners out there, I going to ask the question again. Does anyone feel the accelerator pedal is harder (in normal mode) to press compared to other cars? I still have some foot pain as a result of driving my CT in heavy traffic. I really like this car so I need some help.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Now that there are more CT owners out there, I going to ask the question again. Does anyone feel the accelerator pedal is harder (in normal mode) to press compared to other cars? I still have some foot pain as a result of driving my CT in heavy traffic. I really like this car so I need some help.

I haven't noticed a big difference between the CT and my other cars.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have not noticed this in any mode. At first I thought eco mode was harder to push, but now that I have gotten use to it eco and normal feel about the same. No problems on mine. I use cruise alot even town if I have a long stretch to drive and traffic is light.

·
Registered
120 Posts
is it possible to go to your dealer and try another CT? it could be you have a defective gas pedal.

i know when i test drive two different CT's, they both were easy to press.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The brake pedal has a lot more resistance than the accelerator petal, with heavy traffic, you are on both pedals about equal, could that be contributing to your foot pain?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Haven't noticed much of a difference. Maybe it's just because the seat is lower?

I find that the angle of my foot is "more straight" on my CT than when I'm driving my Sienna or Matrix.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
My leg aches when I press the brake pedal after running a few miles, the angle hurts the muscles that run along my shin, but no issues with the accelerator pedal here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update.... Well I took my CT for the 5K service and spoke to the dealer about the accelerator pedal, the drivers door sticking, the passengers inside door handle coming off and the steering wheel off center. They rotated my tires and replaced the passengers inside handle and told me everything else was with in normal specs. Grrrrrr..... I looked at my other cars and noticed how far the accelerator pedal is forward on the CT in respect to the brake pedal and how low the pedal is to the floor with causes my foot to press down more. Has anyone else noticed? Not sure if that's the issue causing the foot pain. Has anyone that replaced the accelerator pedal with the F sport pedal noticed a difference in pedal pressure? Does anyone that replaced their pedal with the F Sport want to sell the stock one?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Update.... Well I took my CT for the 5K service and spoke to the dealer about the accelerator pedal, the drivers door sticking, the passengers inside door handle coming off and the steering wheel off center. They rotated my tires and replaced the passengers inside handle and told me everything else was with in normal specs. Grrrrrr..... I looked at my other cars and noticed how far the accelerator pedal is forward on the CT in respect to the brake pedal and how low the pedal is to the floor with causes my foot to press down more. Has anyone else noticed? Not sure if that's the issue causing the foot pain. Has anyone that replaced the accelerator pedal with the F sport pedal noticed a difference in pedal pressure? Does anyone that replaced their pedal with the F Sport want to sell the stock one?

I will sell the stock pedal send me a pm:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts