Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my CT but man..there is one thing that bugs the sh** out of me with this car -

- The way it sorts the music from the USB drive. What the heck were the designers/programmers thinking?

Another one is not being able to use the NAV while in motion. My Ridgeline allows me to do it and it hasn't been a safety issue for me. If I'm driving, I just ask my wife to enter the destination or when I'm alone, I'll enter the destination before I put it in D. I'm sure this is what all responsible adults do anyway?!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I love my CT but man..there is one thing that bugs the sh** out of me with this car -

- The way it sorts the music from the USB drive. What the heck were the designers/programmers thinking?

Another one is not being able to use the NAV while in motion. My Ridgeline allows me to do it and it hasn't been a safety issue for me. If I'm driving, I just ask my wife to enter the destination or when I'm alone, I'll enter the destination before I put it in D. I'm sure this is what all responsible adults do anyway?!
Welcome to the club... many of us feel your pain and frustration.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The easy fix for the NAV is to install the plug-n-play bypass module from beatsonic. I posted my mod with a cool button on the left side of the dash.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The easy fix for the NAV is to install the plug-n-play bypass module from beatsonic. I posted my mod with a cool button on the left side of the dash.
This should be fixed at the source (Lexus), not a band-aid after market addition. I don’t want to void my warranty by messing around with my car's navigational system. It’s too expensive to have repaired should the Beatsonic installation get screwed up. It's just too risky for me to attempt hacking into something like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don, good point. I agree 100%. But the beatsonic is plug-n-play. No wire cutting. It just connects between the existing connector and the radio. You can always remove it without leaving a trace. The best part is being able to dial a phone number using the onscreen keypad without having to be parked.

·
Registered
842 Posts
This should be fixed at the source (Lexus), not a band-aid after market addition. I don’t want to void my warranty by messing around with my car's navigational system. It’s too expensive to have repaired should the Beatsonic installation get screwed up. It's just too risky for me to attempt hacking into something like that.
You can wish and rant all you want, but Toyota is NOT going to permit that. They haven't for years. They are far more sensitive to American Trial Lawyers than any other foreign car manufacturer. So...either suck it up or modify. The "other" mod doesn't even require a button. It works through the volume control button on the steering wheel and I have had my car in to the dealer a few times since it was installed and they have no idea it is there. I guess they don't generally do "down, down, up, up" on the volume control while it is in the shop. If I had any radio or nav problems, I could remove the module in about a half hour or less and they would be hard pressed to prove it was that which caused any problem, and frankly, I would want to make sure that removing the mod would not affect the problem with the radio or the nav unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts