Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help here.
Wife called me almost in panic saying the mentioned lights above came on while driving. She felt a touch on the brakes and heard as if the abs pump was pumping.
Yesterday, i purged a bit of oil at the calipers. She was pushing the brake pedal and i was opening and closing the bleeding nipple.
Took the car for a spin and the lights went off after 200m and it came back on as she took it out to work today.

I picked it up at noon and it started with the lights off and it came back on after i heard near my left foot the grrrrrr sound the abs pump does as if it is on ice.

Braking becomes harder, as if there s no assistance to brakes. It still brakes but needs more pressure on the pedal.
Resized_20210707_143132.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2015 F Sport CT has an issue with the lights coming on randomly but there's no negative effect on braking or driving. Please post if you find out what is causing this. I have checked the brakes and everything seems fine. In my case my daughter was using my car in colder weather and we thought it may have been because of that, but after she returned the car I continued having the lights come on while driving but very infrequently. I have 2 CT's and because we're still working from home, I have just mainly been driving the other one and haven't found out why this is happening.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3 weeks ago wife said she saw the low battery warning on the fob key(car showed it).
I changed the batteries last Wednesday and nothing changed.
Everything seems fine now. Lights are out and radio works normally.
Washed it last weekend and took it for a 40 drive including half an hour on the highway.
My next step would be to check every abs brakes sensor, but now if it ain't broken i m not fixing it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Need help here.
Wife called me almost in panic saying the mentioned lights above came on while driving. She felt a touch on the brakes and heard as if the abs pump was pumping.
Yesterday, i purged a bit of oil at the calipers. She was pushing the brake pedal and i was opening and closing the bleeding nipple.
Took the car for a spin and the lights went off after 200m and it came back on as she took it out to work today.

I picked it up at noon and it started with the lights off and it came back on after i heard near my left foot the grrrrrr sound the abs pump does as if it is on ice.

Braking becomes harder, as if there s no assistance to brakes. It still brakes but needs more pressure on the pedal.
View attachment 60869

Have you looked at YouTube and learn how to do that? The front brakes can be bleeded as in normal car. For the rear you need techstreem or special procedure. You probably did it wrong.
,Sorry.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the rear you need techstreem or special procedure. You probably did it wrong.
,Sorry.
With the lights off, braking was normal. Once it came on ,i felt like there s no brake assistance and this was before i touched the brakes.
Bleeding was having the wife depressing the brake pedal,open the bleeder for half a second,close it and release the brake pedal.

Now it s back normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts