Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a CT for myself and have a few questions regarding the headlights. Both of them are from cars that are 2011-2013.
This is the first one, it states that these are xenon headlights (2013):

This is the second one (2011):

So my question is the following. Are these headlights different because of the specification of the car (I mean the equipment) or are these somehow related to their year or some other thing. Just trying to figure this out

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
Lexus CT200h Business Line Pro , 2011, Tungsten Pearl
23 Posts
Hi and welcome!

My car is a 2011 and has the headlights as in your first picture. As far as I know these are not xenon but LED and was something that was in the option-list. The second picture is halogen or might be xenon?

Here in The Netherlands the LED headlight was an option to a certain "package". In my case it was called Business Line Pro. This probably has a different package-name in other countries.
Because the LED upgrade was a relatively expensive option in 2011-2013, and didn't come as standard on any CT as far as I know, there isn't really a specific CT specification you can look for. Just depends on if the first owner chose the LED headlights or not :)

2020-09-15 15.13.35.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and welcome!

My car is a 2011 and has the headlights as in your first picture. As far as I know these are not xenon but LED and was something that was in the option-list. The second picture is halogen or might be xenon?

Here in The Netherlands the LED headlight was an option to a certain "package". In my case it was called Business Line Pro. This probably has a different package-name in other countries.
Because the LED upgrade was a relatively expensive option in 2011-2013, and didn't come as standard on any CT as far as I know, there isn't really a specific CT specification you can look for. Just depends on if the first owner chose the LED headlights or not :)

View attachment 60498 View attachment 60498
Cool! Thanks! Now everything makes sense, as I thought why there are two types of different headlights. Are the ones that are the LED (first pic) really that good? How do they perform?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well when I was looking for my car I specifically looked for one with LED. My previous car had LED also and Iliked it better compared to non-LED so that was something I wanted if possible.

After I bought the car I compared it to a non-LED CT from someone who happened to work in the same building as I and I have no regret I chose to find a CT with LED :)
It's just brighter, whiter and looks more up to date if you know what I mean. Find a CT with LED is what I would say, you own't regret it.

LED and non-LED looks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well when I was looking for my car I specifically looked for one with LED. My previous car had LED also and Iliked it better compared to non-LED so that was something I wanted if possible.

After I bought the car I compared it to a non-LED CT from someone who happened to work in the same building as I and I have no regret I chose to find a CT with LED :)
It's just brighter, whiter and looks more up to date if you know what I mean. Find a CT with LED is what I would say, you own't regret it.

LED and non-LED looks View attachment 60499
So as I understand they do really use LED's in the headlight itself? Or does it use bulbs instead? What I mean is it like LED all around like low beams, high beams and etc?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh just a tip. The LED headlights come with headlight washers(see picture) Make sure you test those washers too if you testdrive the/a car you find.

There is a button on the left of the dash next to the steering wheel to activate the headlight washers so you don't have to use the wiper stalk. This button/washer only works when the lights are on so if you are test driving a car in daytime you just have to set the lights to on and not let it sit in "auto lights" because the lights will probably not switch on and then the washers won't spray when you push the button.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
So as I understand they do really use LED's in the headlight itself? Or does it use bulbs instead? What I mean is it like LED all around like low beams, high beams and etc?
Just the low beams I'm afraid. High beams are bulbs as are the turning lights and fog lights. They all can be retrofitted with LEDs ofcourse. There are different threads about LED replacement on this forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just the low beams I'm afraid. High beams are bulbs as are the turning lights and fog lights. They all can be retrofitted with LEDs ofcourse. There are different threads about LED replacement on this forum.
Oh, okay. Yeah, I know the retrofitting possibility, but it was just interesting to learn if these are truly in a way LED or is it just marketing. Cool.

One more thing I noticed about the CTs is the radio. Are there like also different variants because of the year?
For example:
These both have Mark Levinson, but look quite different and have a different button placement. Is this also equipment related?

·
Registered
23 Posts
They both are Luxury Line (at least in the Netherlands) with the ML audio upgrade. The difference is if I'm correct the first picture is a 2013 and up to the facelift model and the bottom picture is the 2010-2012 Luxury Line.

The earlier models had a multiple CD changer , I believe its 6 cd's see the "CH DISC"button whereas the 2013 and up didn't have that anymore.

See the 'multi cd"writing on teh cd slot in mine:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They both are Luxury Line (at least in the Netherlands) with the ML audio upgrade. The difference is if I'm correct the first picture is a 2013 and up to the facelift model and the bottom picture is the 2010-2012 Luxury Line.

The earlier models had a multiple CD changer , I believe its 6 cd's see the "CH DISC"button whereas the 2013 and up didn't have that anymore.
Yeah, you are probably correct. And If I'm not mistaken the first one, the 2013 and up to the facelift model had an interface upgrade too? It has that like blue-ish interface which we can find on the newer Lexus models.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just FIY; it seems that here in NL the 2010-2012 Luxury Line versions were the only CT's that came standard with LED headlights. Don't know if it was the same in other countries though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts