Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all...I spent this weekend organizing my new, 2014 Ultra White/black F Sport and moving up the learning curve. I moved out of a 12/19 MPG 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee to my first Lexus and first hybrid. I've always owned big, high powered European sedans and sports cars and American pick-ups over the years and I was quite hesitant leaving the power side of driving. I have to say that, so far, I don't miss the massive power and I love the "sports car" like handling of the F Sport. I plan on putting 4 Blizzacks on in the fall, so stay tuned to a snow report in a few months.

First impressions are all good! But I think Lexus needs to up the luxury a bit...no glove box light, no engine compartment light, needs a higher end stereo option and more flexibility in options...I really wanted a leather interior WITH Nav, but not available. Minimum headlights should be HID and where oh where are the back seat cup holders? I would also like to see options like heated steering wheels and ventilated seats...especially on the Nulux.

So far I like the remote touch navigation system, but I wish that there could be separate radio station lists, one for FM, one for XM, etc. instead of a single combined one. Also, why can't the XM stations be named rather than just the station number. OR, am I missing something?

Negative sounding? Not mean to be...I really like the car and looked at a bunch b4 deciding on the CT. I smile every time I drive it!! OH, the MPGs aint bad either ;~)

Stay tuned for updates...

Sandy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats on the CT. It will be some adjusting coming from a larger SUV but you will not miss the fuel bill. I just got an F sport myself. In Canada they come with real leather but NAV is not available either so that was a bit of an issue. I will use my phone for nav instead.
I agree that there should be rear cup holders and a few lights. I had an IS250 loaner for a few days with a heated steering wheel and you can really get used to that quickly.

My last car was a 320hp Saab AWD wagon. I really don't miss the power, because I hardly ever got to use it. Snow tires will get me where I need to go, unless it is so bad that I should just stay home. The CT handles better and rides smoother plus uses 1/3 the gas.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My kids complain about the lack of cupholders in the backseats but it doesn't bother me...I don't sit back there :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had 5" of snow here this morning. I don't have a morning commute, but I took the CT out to see how it does in the snow...stock all-seasons...and it did just fine...with and with-out traction control. My guess is that it will start to plow if the snow is any deeper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts