Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been working for a Lexus dealer for about 3 months and finally acted on my desire to purchase a CT! I dealer-located exactly the car I want and it shows up tomorrow! I'm having the windows tinted first thing, and I'll post pictures as soon as the car is in my hands!

I'm a Manager-in-Training with the Plaza Motor Company in St. Louis, MO; part of the Asbury Automotive Group. We are known as "The Luxury Car Center of the Universe" and we have a beautiful campus in Metro St. Louis where we offer Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Audi, Porsche, and Infiniti brands all one one incredible property.

I hold a double Bachelors of Business Administration Degree from Northwood University in Automotive Marketing & Management. I graduated in May 2013 and moved to St. Louis the day of graduation to start my job the following Monday. I've been thoroughly enjoying the car business so far, and I'm very happy to be driving my first new Lexus at the age of 22!

My CT is a Premium w/ Nav Nebula Gray/Caramel! Photos soon to come!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the graduation.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congratulations. Too bad when I went to your shop last year to buy my ct no one would search for me or do anything but try to sell me a car off the lot even when I explained exactly what I wanted.

The other dealer in town got me what I wanted and my business. I hope they taught you to care about the customer at that school you went to.

Congratulations and maybe you can change the attitude over there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations. Too bad when I went to your shop last year to buy my ct no one would search for me or do anything but try to sell me a car off the lot even when I explained exactly what I wanted.

The other dealer in town got me what I wanted and my business. I hope they taught you to care about the customer at that school you went to.

Congratulations and maybe you can change the attitude over there.
Thanks to all for the congrats and the warm welcome!

bsnguy, I always hate to hear about people who've had bad experiences at any place I've ever worked.

I will say that Plaza Lexus has recently undergone some MAJOR changes in management, from Service Management, to Sales Management and even General Management. (P.S. Our new GM came from our competitor down the road.)

I have been at Plaza for 3 months, and I'm very impressed with the new management. With that said, we all know that now and again we always run into the "typical" car salesperson. Someone who doesn't value your time or pay attention to your wants and needs. This person also tends to be the guy who uses high pressure sales tactics and provides service that is unacceptable in any industry.

I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience at a luxury car store, a place where it should absolutely not be tolerated. As far as my education goes, I'm glad you asked-my goal as a young professional new to the auto industry is to change the way people feel about dealerships and the purchase process. I grew up in a dealership family, so I know all too well about what can happen when just one customer has a bad experience.

I'm proud to say that the Plaza Lexus GM is my direct mentor, and is certainly not "an old dog" in the car business so-to-speak. I wouldn't work for him if he was, because I will not tolerate or participate in a business where things are still being done the way they used to be. The industry has changed, and I expect to work at a place that is at the forefront of that positive change and help continue that trend.

I've had a blast so far since entering the real world 3 short months ago, and I'm happy to say I've got many happy customers under my belt that I keep in contact with on a regular basis! If there is anything I can ever to do help you, I promise I'll do what I can to repair your tarnished experience with Plaza!

Thanks so much for expressing your opinion-it can do nothing but help us improve as we move forward.

[email protected]
(815) 228-3006

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks to all for the congrats and the warm welcome!

bsnguy, I always hate to hear about people who've had bad experiences at any place I've ever worked.

I will say that Plaza Lexus has recently undergone some MAJOR changes in management, from Service Management, to Sales Management and even General Management. (P.S. Our new GM came from our competitor down the road.)

I have been at Plaza for 3 months, and I'm very impressed with the new management. With that said, we all know that now and again we always run into the "typical" car salesperson. Someone who doesn't value your time or pay attention to your wants and needs. This person also tends to be the guy who uses high pressure sales tactics and provides service that is unacceptable in any industry.

I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience at a luxury car store, a place where it should absolutely not be tolerated. As far as my education goes, I'm glad you asked-my goal as a young professional new to the auto industry is to change the way people feel about dealerships and the purchase process. I grew up in a dealership family, so I know all too well about what can happen when just one customer has a bad experience.

I'm proud to say that the Plaza Lexus GM is my direct mentor, and is certainly not "an old dog" in the car business so-to-speak. I wouldn't work for him if he was, because I will not tolerate or participate in a business where things are still being done the way they used to be. The industry has changed, and I expect to work at a place that is at the forefront of that positive change and help continue that trend.

I've had a blast so far since entering the real world 3 short months ago, and I'm happy to say I've got many happy customers under my belt that I keep in contact with on a regular basis! If there is anything I can ever to do help you, I promise I'll do what I can to repair your tarnished experience with Plaza!

Thanks so much for expressing your opinion-it can do nothing but help us improve as we move forward.

[email protected]
(815) 228-3006
I’m so glad to hear you’re bringing a breath of fresh air to the car buying experience and listening to the customer’s wants and needs. My new car buying experience when I purchased my CT was subpar and the service at the dealership wasn’t much better. They would talk a good game about quality, service, and personal service but in actual practice, it was just idle palaver. My salesman never did a follow-up call to see if I was pleased with the car and the dealership did not respond to my negative comments I put on the new car survey from Lexus. The biggest and most valuable piece of advice I can give you is to sincerely say, “Thank you for your business” when you sell a car to a customer. I know it sounds academic but my salesman/dealership didn’t. The feeling I came away with is that an entry level Lexus doesn’t rate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don,

Thanks! Ultimately, I would love to one day see being in the car business as a noble career. Luckily for me, I'm an entering the industry at a time when such great change is happening, and I haven't had the opportunity to pick up any of the bad habits that so many people have picked up over the years that give the business a bad name.

I'm new to the business, and in an entirely new area geographically. The only way for me to become successful at this and work my way up the management ladder so I can maximize the impact of what I'm trying to accomplish is to use the power of the consumer's word-of-mouth marketing tool to my advantage. I have been enjoying myself thoroughly up to this point in my new career, and I've managed to make many friends during the process of giving people a level of service they never thought possible from a car dealership.

I'm working hard to create change in an industry that is very resistant to it! I'm a true car guy at heart and I love the fact that I spend my week with the view of a Lexus showroom out my office window.

As for my CT, I am more than excited to get to know it, and I;m happy to have found this forum with such an abundance of knowledge about the vehicle from people who've had a chance to experiment with them!

Thanks all.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sale 101 : " It's difficult to gain a new customer, however it's even more difficult to retain an existing customer"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts