Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Not sure if everyone here also checks out the other forum. For those who don't, I recently snapped a few pictures of my car. Since buying the 2013 CT, I have done a few modifications, all cosmetic. Hope you like 'em.

Nothing new here but I like the overall look. So far I have done my best to keep the car away from potential scratches. From door ding protection to clear bra on hood, bumper, mirrors, beneath door handles... I need to shake my OCD off now :)

Attachments

·
Banned
325 Posts
Nice modification done on this car and simply it looks very awesome. Actually this car is simply very graceful in design and wheels are very dashing with it. I like it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the modifications/enhancements from front to back are:

1. 2014 F-Sport front bumper and 2014 F-Sport LED fog lights
2. Smoked front license plate cover, and no holes front bumper
3. 2nd Gen. LED low beams
4. 3M Ventureshield wrap on bumper, 3/4 hood, mirror and door handles
5. LED bulbs on mirror puddle lamps, interior and reverse brake lights (only halogens that remain are the turn lights and high beams)
6. FormulaOne Pinnacle Series Ceramic tint on windows and rear hatch (40%)
7. 3M gloss black wrap on roof and antenna base
8. Stubby carbon fiber look antenna
9. Momo Next 17 inch wheels
10. Aluminium dash trim
11. Door edge guards
12. JDM style stick/clip-on window visors
13. Lexus cargo net (Had to add this to keep the mod count up :p)

Like I said, there's nothing here that someone else hasn't done before me. Thanks to everyone, who inspired me to do the small little modifications to an already awesome car. I think I will give the modifications a rest for now, well until someone comes up with something sick :)

·
Banned
325 Posts
Nice to know about it in detail and especially the small modifications like Door edge guards,Style stick,Cargo net are really very impressive in the interior.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Added mudflaps to the list. Here are some pictures. Fit and finish came out very good for me.

I wanted to do a paint matching the body colours but decided otherwise after the installation. My neighbour has a body coloured mud flap (not CT), it doesn't look as nice as the black one in my opinion.

I also wanted to do a completely unscientific test to see if there's any change in the dust collected at the rear. Here are a few pics of the rear window and hatch after about a days worth of 125-150 km drive. The drive used about 40% 100+ km/h (Highway 401 in GTA), 40% 80-100 km/hr, and 20% 20km/hr (Don Valley Parkway). It was a dry day, but it had rained the day prior.

Wanted to show you guys dust collected. Not sure if you'll notice much.

To my eyes there is a noticeable reduction of dust collected in the rear. But I am in no way standing by my statement as universal. I found a definite reduction after one test and YMMV. To say I'm happy is an understatement.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Added mudflaps to the list. Here are some pictures. Fit and finish came out very good for me.

I wanted to do a paint matching the body colours but decided otherwise after the installation. My neighbour has a body coloured mud flap (not CT), it doesn't look as nice as the black one in my opinion.

I also wanted to do a completely unscientific test to see if there's any change in the dust collected at the rear. Here are a few pics of the rear window and hatch after about a days worth of 125-150 km drive. The drive used about 40% 100+ km/h (Highway 401 in GTA), 40% 80-100 km/hr, and 20% 20km/hr (Don Valley Parkway). It was a dry day, but it had rained the day prior.

Wanted to show you guys dust collected. Not sure if you'll notice much.

To my eyes there is a noticeable reduction of dust collected in the rear. But I am in no way standing by my statement as universal. I found a definite reduction after one test and YMMV. To say I'm happy is an understatement.
Very nice... Where do U buy your mudguard? Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks nice dude. One of the best things you can do is go with the Limo tint on all the back windows. Great for sun damage protection, but also makes it look great!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks nice dude. One of the best things you can do is go with the Limo tint on all the back windows. Great for sun damage protection, but also makes it look great!
I got the Pinnacle Tint 40% on all sides, which is fantastic on keeping it cool. Yes, I could have got even more protection with the darker tint, but I am one of those weird kinds who want to be symmetrical over anything. I was mulling about the Limo tint, but on all 4's, before I decided on the 40%, mainly because of the reputable installer's suggestion.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So after one full gas tank worth of driving, I still have very minimal dust on my rear since my mud flaps installation. So far, I have driven on variety of roads including dusty construction sites.

Prior to this, I had the typical excessive dust accumulation on my hatch and rear bumper. I am fairly convinced now that the front and rear mud flaps put together did the trick.

I am however, unsure if the mud flaps are affecting any gas consumption. I have been driving pretty wild these days to try the effectiveness of my splash guards on dust accumulation. Very happy with my mud flaps installation.

Have anyone compared the hatch dust accumulation between the pre and post 2014 mid cycle refresh to see if anything changed? Mine is the pre 2014, and it used to get pretty significantly dusty after one drive. Not any more.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Good to know. The back of the CT is a dust magnet.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I got the Pinnacle Tint 40% on all sides, which is fantastic on keeping it cool. Yes, I could have got even more protection with the darker tint, but I am one of those weird kinds who want to be symmetrical over anything. I was mulling about the Limo tint, but on all 4's, before I decided on the 40%, mainly because of the reputable installer's suggestion.
The costs to tint (?) and how do select the shop to tint... I hear 30%-40% is about right... My eyes are getting worse so I am concerned about tinting. Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to auto-links (auto-links.ca) to get mine tinted. Bear in mind that the CT glass already has a light green tint to it.
Honestly, I can't recall how much I paid for just the tinting. Between tinting, clear bra on hood, mirror door, bumper (twice, once on the original, the second time on the f-sport), 3m black on the roof, I have lost track on my cost for just the tinting. Take a look at their website to see the tinting costs. The owner, John is one of the nicest guy in business, and cares for his customers. He recommended 40% on mine. If you live around the Greater Toronto Area, you have my recommendation to try them. Nothing is flawless. But auto-links get very close. Yes, I have OCD.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i would always recommend before you have tinting done,if it's at all possible is to view the tint when its dark.
when i had a mercedes i had a 95% tint film fitted,during daylight hours visibilty was ok BUT when darkness
arrived you found out just how dark 95% actually is,i needed some kc daylighters for reversing lights as the
tint was so dark ,you had to check the space behind was clear to make sure you didn't hit anythink.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i would always recommend before you have tinting done,if it's at all possible is to view the tint when its dark.
when i had a mercedes i had a 95% tint film fitted,during daylight hours visibilty was ok BUT when darkness
arrived you found out just how dark 95% actually is,i needed some kc daylighters for reversing lights as the
tint was so dark ,you had to check the space behind was clear to make sure you didn't hit anythink.

Let me clear something, in case anyone is confused about the tint percentage. The % in tint refers to the amount of light percentage that is allowed to pass. So, a 30% tint is darker than a 80% tint. If you don't want to run afoul of the law, there are several websites than give you a bit of guidance. For example: Tint Laws

Where I come from, Ontario, Canada; there is no set percentage tint number in the Ontario Highway Traffic Act. However, the rule is, you have to be able to see outside, and other people, especially police, have to be able to see you. If they decide they can't see you, you could be fined anywhere from $85, plus surcharges and fees, to $500. Quebec for example, has 70% tint law, meaning 70% of the light must pass through the tint, which basically means no tint at all.

Understand that our cars already have a light greenish tint in the windows. The reason I put 40% tint is that combined with the factory green tint, I expect the overall tint will be around 35%, which most aftermarket in Ontario treats as the legal limit beyond which a cop can stop you. And the reason my tints are the same on all four side windows is because, I am anal about symmetry. I just can't stand the aesthetics of two different tints on front and back.

Just so that everyone is clear, I am not endorsing any tint percentage number, and my statement above has no value against the prevalent laws in your jurisdictions. Do your own research before you set on a tint number.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
990 Posts
95% tint would be lightest tint available. Did you mean 5% as that's considered "limo" tint.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for your post, i have same color and year CT and have done few of same mods, for tires i went with snow tires with one size up larger profile tires which needed one size lower tire rims, did front and rear parking sensor, Also did hid headlight upgrade, next looking to do mudguards upgrade ordered just now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts