Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe this..I told him he was speaking of the HS Lexus...but he said "no, the hatchback"...was he misinformed or is he correct?

·
Registered
47 Posts
They did cancel the "base" model CT. The new base model for 2013 is a "premium" model. However, the base 2013 "premium" model has fewer standard features than the 2012 "premium" model. Maybe he heard that and thought all CTs were being cancelled? :confused:

Cancelling the CT wouldn't be surprising. The sales numbers aren't exactly staggering. Only 17,673 units sold in all of 2012. Compare that to 20,040 Prius sold in December 2012 alone! Also, an IS hybrid is supposedly coming out. Lexus may want to market that as the entry-level luxury hybrid and put some more separation between it and the Prius.

Well, if they do get discontinued, you can expect marked down prices on parts and accessories soon!

·
Registered
90 Posts
He's probably referring tot he HS.

Here Down Under, the CT200h is the second-best-selling Lexus model, trailing only the sales tally of the RX SUV. CT200h sales are up 16.9 per cent this year, contributing to Lexus’ overall sales growth of 9.5 per cent.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The CT200h was primarily designed for the European market. It's no surprise that it doesn't achieve stellar sales figures in a market it wasn't designed for. But I doubt the CT is going to be discontinued anytime soon in the US. Under the skin, it'a largely a Prius, so it must be comparatively cheap to build and provide parts support. I'm therefore convinced TMC is making pretty good money on every CT sold, even in the US, so it would be madness to take it off the market.

·
Registered
441 Posts
"Global sales of (the) Lexus CT 200h reached 122 thousand units through (to) November 2012, making the CT the second best selling Lexus hybrid after the Lexus RX 400h/RX 450h, and representing a share of 24.1% of the 506 thousand Lexus hybrids sold by the end of November 2012".(Wikipedia)It's hard to believe that Lexus are going to discontinue that share of their total volume!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can't believe this..I told him he was speaking of the HS Lexus...but he said "no, the hatchback"...was he misinformed or is he correct?
You're kidding right? The car Lexus built to compete against the likes of Merc B, Audi A3, BMW 1, and more importantly, to get the younger generation into Lexus is gone after the first generation model? Cancelling a model that soon is very surprising even for the American manufacturers, who drop and create models at the crazy frequencies. Nevertheless, if a model was being dropped, you'd first hear it from the media, and not from the dealerships. Plus, CT200H is not the least volume seller in the Lexus stable.

As far as the HS 250h and its discontinuation is concerned, this small article probably provides the best reason for it Lexus HS 250h Discontinued After Poor Sales | AutoGuide.com News

·
Registered
40 Posts
That would be surprising. A loaded Ford C Max can sell in the low 30's and they can not keep those in stock. You would think the CT200h would sell just as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Was he trying to put you into something else?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Well, that would certainly be the first time in the history of mankind that a car dealer was either misinformed, totally uninformed or saying whatever he thought the person talking to him either wanted him to say or whatever came into what passes for a brain in his head.

In other words, consider the source.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh well, that dude must be talking about HS 250h which was already discontinued a while ago. Which was pretty reasonable Lexus just wanted to give some space for CT. BTW, I am pretty sure Lexus won't do this mistake. As CT is like a hot cake these days.. when I purchased my CT that day the dealer sold about 9 CTs that day!!

IS Hybrid is different story..different body style, most of the people like me who likes wagon style or having hatch-back just goes for CT by skipping IS.

As you all know Mercedes Benz likes to copy Lexus and they are on its way following Lexus again.. they are coming out with CLA-Class very soon which is similar price range and design like CT.. It's starting price is $29K. That explains a lot!!

Check out the designs:
Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class: the design - Car Body Design

Enjoy the video:

Even if the information is correct about discontinuing CT, who cares?? The one who loved CT they all have it already ;)

Cheers!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NO...I already own a CT200h (2011 Premium)...coming up on almost 2 years of ownership...love my car. Almost 30K miles and averaging about 48 MPG overall (real mileage, not what the car tells me). I can tell you that a news article came on tv today stating that gas has gone up 16 cents in the past 10 days...it's not so frightening when you drive a CT200h

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Replacement line for CT200h ?

It is a great car, why would they cancel it ?

Having said that, I got a sales flyer email from my Lexus dealer, all remaining CT200h $3,500 off MSRP. There are 13 in stock and this is from a large dealer that had a 2 month waiting list in 2011 for whatever came in.

What I think is the latent demand has been satisfied and Lexus is on a full new model line kick to intro everything with the hour-glass front grill look. Which means ..... maybe there is a new CT200h model/line coming out and some new brothers and sisters CT150h diesel, CT250h sport and CT300h performance.

I would of , could of, should of, bought another Lexus istead of going domestic, but Lexus had nothing I wanted!

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is a great car, why would they cancel it ?

Having said that, I got a sales flyer email from my Lexus dealer, all remaining CT200h $3,500 off MSRP. There are 13 in stock and this is from a large dealer that had a 2 month waiting list in 2011 for whatever came in.
I got one of those flyers in the mail as well in January, but reading the fine print, the discount was for remaining 2012 models. The inventory at my local dealers showed that only one or two 2012 models were left, mostly decked out with the most expensive packages (~$38K+ MSRP).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know about the discontinuation, but I am confused why there are so many extremely low mileage used cts out there. Do a web search and you will find many under 10k mile cars. Any ideas? I am currently looking for a used ct and just cannot wrap my head around this fact.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would of , could of, should of, bought another Lexus istead of going domestic, but Lexus had nothing I wanted!
I agree with you midcow3, the Lexus lineup has nothing I wanna-gotta have either. I’m still sticking with Japanese manufactures but I want to get out of owning a hybrid. There are a lot of cars out there that get terrific gas mileage and offer a lot more for your money than Lexus. After owning a Lexus, I don’t get all the hype that they are the best quality built brand going and that their service is second to none. I still can’t get into Lexus logic that keeps the under dash light lit while driving at night, a dashboard dimmer switch that is not illuminated, an elapse meter that zeros itself every time you start the car, no tachometer displayed when using cruise control not to mention the multiple clicks you have to go through to change radio stations or display a song title. On the plus side, the seats in the CT are uber comfortable.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree with you midcow3, the Lexus lineup has nothing I wanna-gotta have either. I’m still sticking with Japanese manufactures but I want to get out of owning a hybrid. There are a lot of cars out there that get terrific gas mileage and offer a lot more for your money than Lexus. After owning a Lexus, I don’t get all the hype that they are the best quality built brand going and that their service is second to none. I still can’t get into Lexus logic that keeps the under dash light lit while driving at night, a dashboard dimmer switch that is not illuminated, an elapse meter that zeros itself every time you start the car, no tachometer displayed when using cruise control not to mention the multiple clicks you have to go through to change radio stations or display a song title. On the plus side, the seats in the CT are uber comfortable.
Well Don, coming out of american car ownership, well I still have american, I can tell you why I shifted to Lexus. No matter how much I deny and rant, I have found, and statistics have shown that very few car makes come close to Lexus reliability. I could be wrong, but I would hazard a guess that most Lexus buyers value their time wasted in dealerships. Yes there are non hybrid makers and also hybrid ones that claim better mileage or better value for your money including Korean and Japanese, but there is something called savings in gas money for non-hybrid ones and for hybrid manufacturers, they are all but new in the field. As we all have seen, there are a lot of bugs with a new and complicated technlogy like hybrid, and Toyota/Lexus is the most experienced out there. Non hybrid ones barely come close to half the gas mileage that hybrid gets.
Plus the annoyances that you have pointed out are mostly valid, but they are just that, annoyances. You get used to it and ignore them. They are not car debilitating problems like brakes, transmission, or worse engine. All other makes through varied order suffer from this problem. The LFA, McLaren, Veyron, all have their annoyances, so do Sonata, Fusion, C-Max Hyrbids. When you move out of Lexus hybrid, you will soon know. Before you jump to think that the grass is greener elsewhere, I would rent that "want-it" car and see the problems they pose. Then add a factor of reliability and resale value favouring the Lexus and then decide. You'll see, as I have seen that that the field narrows very quickly.
Plus no other Japanese, Luxury or otherwise have so many hybrid models that Lexus has.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
105 Posts
No way this is true.
I'm seeing more and more CT in the streets & 99% of CT owners LOVE THEIR CAR.
Its honestly the most confortable & futuristic tech prooof car i've ever had, i would recommend it to anyone.

He's trying to sell you something bigger. They tried to convince me on an RX by it was just to big for me.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The CT is different. It has different features, does things in different ways and makes some different sounds. I think some people think things about the CT are wrong or noisy when in fact what they really mean is different. And the experts who tell you how it has to be plugged in, or how the battery fails and costs a fortune to replace and a myriad of other bull sh*t, are just ignorant. The

The CT is selling well all around the world. They are one of the safest cars on the road, and they are earning a reputation for one of the most reliable cars around. On top of that they go well, they're comfortable, quiet, fun to drive, cheap to service and ... economical!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts