Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I have seen some pix of cars with the little circles in the bumper which beep when you are getting close to an object. We have these on our Toyota Sienna and I like them (better than the back-up camera). Are they an option on the US version of the CT and what are they called? I know there is a dynamic cruise control because we have that on our Sienna too and never use it. Also, just curious. On my current SUV, a 2008 Buick Enclave (lease), it has HID headlamps standard. If you wanted to flash someone to tell them their headlights were off or there is a police car using radar you can't on my Buick unless you physically turn on the headlights with the switch first. On the CT with the Halogen low beam headlamps (not LED headlamps), can you flash your headlights even though the headlights are in the off or auto position? All cars I have ever owned have been able to do this...my Buick was the first car that couldn't...that is why I'm curious about the CT.

·
Registered
283 Posts
First, I have seen some pix of cars with the little circles in the bumper which beep when you are getting close to an object. We have these on our Toyota Sienna and I like them (better than the back-up camera). Are they an option on the US version of the CT and what are they called? I know there is a dynamic cruise control because we have that on our Sienna too and never use it. Also, just curious. On my current SUV, a 2008 Buick Enclave (lease), it has HID headlamps standard. If you wanted to flash someone to tell them their headlights were off or there is a police car using radar you can't on my Buick unless you physically turn on the headlights with the switch first. On the CT with the Halogen low beam headlamps (not LED headlamps), can you flash your headlights even though the headlights are in the off or auto position? All cars I have ever owned have been able to do this...my Buick was the first car that couldn't...that is why I'm curious about the CT.
Park assist is not available yet in the US. But I believe we will see it down the road, like the heated steering wheel. Europe has both available. Yes you can flash the HB's with the CT by pulling back on the turn signal lever.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The heated steering wheel is not an option in UK, either is the moon roof. I would happily trade the back up camera and rear bumper sensors for a moon roof :) I can't really see the heated steering wheel being a must have IMHO.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The heated steering wheel is not an option in UK, either is the moon roof. I would happily trade the back up camera and rear bumper sensors for a moon roof :) I can't really see the heated steering wheel being a must have IMHO.
Looks like they just threw a stack of cards or drew from a hat for each area and it was a crap shoot for what options we were able to get in each area. I would say once production gets back up to speed, when ever that may be, everyone will be able to get what option they want.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
You guys don't get the moonroof option in the UK?!!?

WHAT?!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Correct, no moon roof in the UK. Has been an option on many lexus but not the CT.
Might be that because CTs produced for the UK require a different body shell for right-hand drive, Lexus decided to use a shell with no hole in the roof in an attempt to keep manufacturing costs down for CTs bound for right-hand drive countries until they could determine how well the car will sell on that side of the "pond." That's purely speculation, of course, but I can't think of another reason why CTs with moon roofs shouldn't be available in all countries where the car is available.

Would be interesting to learn if CTs equipped with moon roofs are available in any countries outside the UK, such as Australia, Japan, etc. If there are any forum members reading this who live in countries where you drive on the left, what say you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If there are any forum members reading this who live in countries where you drive on the left, what say you?
In Canada we can get the moonroof, but then we drive on the right.

However, we can't get the adaptive cruise control (although it is available on the Prius), or the parking assist. I've seen that a heated steering wheel is an option in some places, which would be nice up here in the winter, but nope not available.

I think Bob259 had it right - it's a crap shoot as to which options are available in your country.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I guarantee my wife will never ever open the moon roof!

Wish the heated steering wheel was available. That's a great feature here in New England and relatively cheap.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guarantee my wife will never ever open the moon roof!

Wish the heated steering wheel was available. That's a great feature here in New England and relatively cheap.
Funny....I'm in Ft Lauderdale and I will use the moonroof but have absolutely NO USE for a heated steering wheel...although, last winter I did use my heated seats. Also, wanted to say I saw another CT on the road today in brown...now that makes 3 white, 1 black and this brown one I have seen on the road. Also, it seems some cars are trickling into dealerships...according to Cars.com, and you they aren't too reliable as some cars posted may be already pre-sold or not available any longer...there seems to be a lot of lower priced cars available....not lower priced so much but cars in the $33k price range...Prem but with no NAV

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Correct, no moon roof in the UK. Has been an option on many lexus but not the CT.
I don't get that. Plus, you get that nice blue color as an option, but we in the US don't?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Might be that because CTs produced for the UK require a different body shell for right-hand drive, Lexus decided to use a shell with no hole in the roof in an attempt to keep manufacturing costs down for CTs bound for right-hand drive countries until they could determine how well the car will sell on that side of the "pond." That's purely speculation, of course, but I can't think of another reason why CTs with moon roofs shouldn't be available in all countries where the car is available.

Would be interesting to learn if CTs equipped with moon roofs are available in any countries outside the UK, such as Australia, Japan, etc. If there are any forum members reading this who live in countries where you drive on the left, what say you?
Hong Kong, Japan and Australia all have the moon roof option and are all rhd. As already stated in another thread, it has been an option on many lexus in the past but has not had a huge take up in the UK. Will probably see it come back as an option on the 2012 model.

·
Registered
441 Posts
We can have a moonroof in Australia. We call it a sunroof. In the UK they don't have any sunshine, so Lexus probably decided they were no use. My partner is waiting on his Pearl White with Ivory leather CT 200h Luxury with sunroof - not due till August!!! We're keeping my 2007 IS250, however.
Best wishes Lexus peoples.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts