Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now when days are starting to get colder, I have a strange feeling about the real temperature inside the car.

When I start my car in the morning and the outside temperature is about 12°, it starts to blow a bit of lukewarm air when I put the temperature on 22° on the display. After some kilometers the blown air got colder so it doesn't give a comfortable feeling when I have to drive a long distance. When the temperature on the display shows 22° I have the feeling it's colder in the car then the display shows.

If I increase the temperature on the display to 23 or 24° it seems the air has the same temperature so I have to put it on 25° to have some hotter air.

Are there some other CT200-h owners on this forum who had the same experience or is there something wrong with my car or does the dealer have to reset my A/C system ? :confused:

·
Registered
255 Posts
The air temperature in the car will be correct at the sensor location. Since that does not make you feel warm, just raise the temperature until you are comfortable and don't worry what the display shows.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The air temperature in the car will be correct at the sensor location. Since that does not make you feel warm, just raise the temperature until you are comfortable and don't worry what the display shows.
Think there's something wrong with the sensor, because when I drive my dad's Toyota a few moments later and I put the A/C system on 22° it's getting warmer in the car. Strange isn't it ?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Absolutely. Well said. My last car (Infiniti) had climate control and in the fall/winter, I kept my climate control on 68 or 69 degrees. In the CT, I've used from 72 up to 75 degrees to stay warm, so I think this car is just off a bit, that's all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely. Well said. My last car (Infiniti) had climate control and in the fall/winter, I kept my climate control on 68 or 69 degrees. In the CT, I've used from 72 up to 75 degrees to stay warm, so I think this car is just off a bit, that's all.
Tomorrow morning I will have an appointment with my dealer to discuss the problem, keep you all informed ! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Visited the dealer today and explained my problem, they reset the software from the A/C, but after driving a longer distance I still have the same feeling. :-(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, the weather is colder here in Canada too and I am dismayed by the fact I have yet to feel warm with the heater on. There is also a lot of moisture in the air right now and this car cannot seem to clear the widows within seconds like the old Accord. The front defogger is going to freeze me to death. To add insult to injury, Canadians don't get heated steering wheels to prevent our fingers from falling off while the windows are clearing.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yes, the weather is colder here in Canada too and I am dismayed by the fact I have yet to feel warm with the heater on. There is also a lot of moisture in the air right now and this car cannot seem to clear the widows within seconds like the old Accord. The front defogger is going to freeze me to death. To add insult to injury, Canadians don't get heated steering wheels to prevent our fingers from falling off while the windows are clearing.
You do know that you can run the front window defrost AND the foot/floor heat at the same time, no?

I didn't know CT's came with heated steering wheels in ANY country...do they?

·
Registered
130 Posts
There is also a lot of moisture in the air right now and this car cannot seem to clear the widows within seconds like the old Accord.
In order to clear the front windshield more quickly, make sure that the air conditioner button is turned on when you're using your front defogger. It won't make the air cold, but it will turn the air condenser on, so you will be blowing dried air onto your windshield.

With the navigation system, having the A/C automatically turn on with the front defogger/defroster is a selectable option (in the US the default is "On"). I've turned this off in my car because the defogger worked perfectly well with it turned off. If this becomes a problem as the weather gets colder, I may turn that option back on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
@snekuem
sold my prius this week and bought the ct, experience the same thing: woha, it's cold in here!

when i set the temp at 25 C it was fine... i usually used 23 in the prius.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, some American folks on the forum reported having heated steering wheels on their 2011s. The A/C is on while I try to defog and I believe the difference between the CT and the Accord is that the CT just blows dehumidified outside temp air, whereas the Accord blew dehumidified and heated air (no fancy settings on a 2002 Accord but the windows would clear pronto). The anemic trickle of warm air down by my feet cannot compensate for the cold air that I have to blast at the window to get a hint of visibility. Can't wait to find out what happens at minus 20...

·
Registered
84 Posts
You have to turn the AC on to defog the windows faster!

No heated steering wheel available for the CT in Europe or N America. Not sure about Japan.

·
Registered
371 Posts
You have to turn the AC on to defog the windows faster!

No heated steering wheel available for the CT in Europe or N America. Not sure about Japan.
My wife is really dissapointed that you can't get a heated steering wheel in the CT. She really liked that in her other car. I wonder why Lexus doesn't offer that option in the CT, yet it's still listed in the owner's manual as an option? :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe with the defroster on the a/c will automatically cycle on/off as needed to dehumidify, regardless of whether the a/c button is on or off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I rise the temperatur a bit higher about 24° Celsius, so I have a comfortable feeling in the car. Think the most of the CT users will have to adapt to the different climat control system of this car. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Don't get me going - I get pissed off every time someone writes this - why, oh why Lexus can't we even get it as an option?!?!?!?

My wife is really dissapointed that you can't get a heated steering wheel in the CT. She really liked that in her other car. I wonder why Lexus doesn't offer that option in the CT, yet it's still listed in the owner's manual as an option? :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Somewhere I read that the climate control and the heated seats work together:
When the seats are turned on the system gives the water more time to heat up before the air condition kicks in more effectively.
I didn't try it yet, but it could mean that switching of the seats makes the air condition work better causing the mileage to decrease due to the extra work of the gas engine.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Somewhere I read that the climate control and the heated seats work together:
When the seats are turned on the system gives the water more time to heat up before the air condition kicks in more effectively.
I didn't try it yet, but it could mean that switching of the seats makes the air condition work better causing the mileage to decrease due to the extra work of the gas engine.
I have never used A/C while using heated seats, why would one need to do that? To clear the windshield of fog or something? This front defrost works VERY well compared to my prior cars and I haven't had to use the A/C for that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think we're having a communication issue here. ;) With 'air condition' I meant the 'climate controle unit'. I never use the air cond./climate control with 'A/C on' in winter. I was only talking of the fan blowing warm air into the car and its strange relationship to the heated seats.
Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have never used A/C while using heated seats, why would one need to do that? To clear the windshield of fog or something? This front defrost works VERY well compared to my prior cars and I haven't had to use the A/C for that.
I ran AC and heated seat all the time. I spent about 3 hours driving everyday and the heated seat helps to relief sciatica like heating pad. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts