Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that live in hot climates, how does the a/c in the ct keep up? I live in Dallas, TX where its been over 100 degrees ever day for two weeks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am also very interested to ear about this. Here in Toronto it was also extremely HOT 99 degrees.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im in the Tampa are where is 95-98 with 90-100% humidity almost everyday. The A/C works great as it should just like any other car (at least all the other cars I've owned). Why would you think otherwise?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a Mazda 2.3l 4cyl once and the a/c had a hard time in the over 100 degree temps. It was the only 4 cyl I ever owned and was concerned that with a 1.8l 4cyl the a/c may have the same problem.

Im in the Tampa are where is 95-98 with 90-100% humidity almost everyday. The A/C works great as it should just like any other car (at least all the other cars I've owned). Why would you think otherwise?

·
Registered
32 Posts
My wife had the same 4cyl Mazda 3 (2010 Model) and she had the same problem with the a/c. So we sold the Mazda & bought en 2011 Elantra and the a/c is perfect.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live in Phoenix. I test drove the demo CT over the July 4th weekend and on that saturday it was about 118 degrees out. The thing blew cold in no more than 2 minutes and within 5 i had to turn up the thermostat a few degrees. Its a Hybrid, but it is a Lexus.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
The air conditioning works great, but it does affect your mileage.

·
Registered
255 Posts
We have had 23 days of 100+ temperatures so far this year. Most days have been 103-105. The AC is working great even in ECO Mode. We are suppose to get a break next week. We're going to cool down to 100 degrees. LOL

·
Registered
237 Posts
We have been at over 100 several days this year, the car cools off quickly and stays cool, no problem with the AC.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great, the A/C will come in handy next week when I take delivery ...it's supposed to be 98 degrees or above!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Glad everyone likes the A/C. That is one of the fine points in a car when I buy.
I never have the A/C off in any of the cars. Will check mileage when mine comes in.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The A/C/ in the car is great. It cools the cabin in a minute or 2 if you have it set to automatic. I've gotten in the car when the thermometer has read 95 degrees. The Nulux seats gets warm but never scorching hot. The gas mileage does suffer a bit. I've noticed getting 47.5 mpg with the A/C running mostly and 49-50 mpg with it off. Get a sunshade to reflect the hot rays of the sun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife had the same 4cyl Mazda 3 (2010 Model) and she had the same problem with the a/c. So we sold the Mazda & bought en 2011 Elantra and the a/c is perfect.
The older Mazda3's must have had better A/C as our current '06 Mazda3 GT 5-door's system is fine (we do have the auto A/C which will switch to recirculate when the temps get real high and then switch back so perhaps that's the difference) same 2.3L engine.

I had a CT out for a test drive NW 'Burbs outside of Chicago with temps near 90 and it had no problem maintaining a cool cabin with 4 on board.

·
Registered
283 Posts
One word for the CT's air..... FANTASTIC!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts