Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stuck my old iPhone 3gs (not using it as a phone anymore) in the armrest with a permanent USB cable connected in the center console. The iPhone has iOS 5 on it so it supports over-the-air syncing. So consider this:
  • While I'm driving the phone is charging = always charged.
  • I never have to touch anything but the head unit to change songs.
  • When I pull into the garage at night the iphone shows up in iTunes in the house. So if I want different music on it, I just add/del/modify a playlist and sync it from INSIDE the house on my mac. No moving the phone around, plugging or un-plugging... just hit the button. This can also be automatic if I want.
End result for me is that I never have to burn a CD; manage a usb thumb drive; unplug anything. Just put the stereo on USB and everything is there -- just like in the house.

One other thing -- I have the iphone in the armrest on the bottom, glass side down. This way I can still throw crap in there and it's like the iphone isn't even there.

Peace.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's a great idea! I was actually thinking of getting a 32GB iPod to serve the same function. The iPod interface lets you navagate music by playlist, artist, album, etc. If Apple announces a new iPod soon, the gen-4 iPods will be discounted.

It's painful to navagate 20GB+ of music "folders" on a USB memory stick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another great example...

I had pre-ordered a CD on iTunes. This morning when I woke up, I just hit sync for my CT iphone and the music was there for the drive to work.

Not too sure how it could be any easier. Just need to hide the cord somehow :)

232 Posts
That is a very clever idea. Before the advent of iPhone I did with a gizmo called Zune in my house system, and it worked basically the same with Windows, i.e. from PC transfer songs wireless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts