Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if this 90,000 service is really needed? the only thing significant that stuck out to me was the replacing of the brake fluid. i just got my tired rotated with a wheel alignment last week so I dont need to get that done. I got my usual synthetic oil change done on my 2014 ct200h f sport. The dealer told me the other service would be tuning the chasis torque. Again, can someone please tell me if I need to pay $450(huge discount on the 90,000 service) for this 90k service?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Make sure you replace the air filter and cabin filter .. easy. I typically change the brake fluid on a car with DOT 3 around the 5 year mark. I also did the transaxle fluid and changed both the engine and inverter coolant. The plugs are a bit later -- but are very easy to DYI.

I have a good independent -- the coolant and the trans are very easy. I have them all done at the same time as the oil change -- they drop the engine oil open the trans plugs and do the same with both cooling areas .... they do all at the same time. Refill. Any DOT3 brake is OK --- use the Toyota trans and coolant only. I don't waste my time changing fluids. The plugs have been updated to a hotter number. Also -- if you have a good independent. The metal pipe from the EGR to the intake should come off in the 110k range to check for carbon .. clean the whole system if much is found. If you have any start up knock have the intake cleaned .. any oil use do the cooler/ whole system. Cleaning/watching the whole EGR system is very important on this engine. Cooler -- EGR valve -- pipe -- intake ... Save your $450.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Call your local Toyota dealer and get a quote for the same service. I stopped getting service done at the Lexus dealer on my 2014 CT years ago but still get most of the service done at Toyota. The Lexus dealer quoted the 75K service at over $500, Toyota $75. I've got a local guy who does most of my services, but for peace of mind, I still get major checkups at Toyota. My CT has close to 90K miles & I've never had a lick of trouble out of her!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I second that. Once your warranty or free service appointments run out then go to a Toyota dealer. Way cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts