Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone here would be able to give some insight into how long special ordering the ct from the factory might take. My dealer says that it will take no shorter than 8 months and I am curious if this is true or if he was just trying to sell me the car on their lot, thanks.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I hope that isn't true....I ordered mine on the 14th of March and was told about 3 months...now that the factory is producing more cars, it will be closer to my estimate.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone here would be able to give some insight into how long special ordering the ct from the factory might take. My dealer says that it will take no shorter than 8 months and I am curious if this is true or if he was just trying to sell me the car on their lot, thanks.
He's trying to push you toward something on the lot. It should be around 4 months or less.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where I work we are quoting 120 days, could be less but should not take 8 months....unless your getting something so out of this world. Where are you located in the US?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'll try to keep everyone updated. I ordered one through Toyota (employee purchase) on March 14th which was the last day to get it into the April build schedule. I'll try to get updates as it moves along the build process. I'm expecting a delay of a few weeks since the factories were closed but was told end of May begining of June when it reaches port. Of course once it reaches port, since I'm in SoCal, it usually only takes a few days to get to Toyota HQ where I pick it up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
3-4 months would be the normal special order time. There could be another 2-4 week delay due to the catastrophe in Japan.

·
Registered
208 Posts
ATTN: Beware the dealerspeak. It's easy to tell when they are lying - their lips move. Don't for a minute believe that "the Lexus Experience" is any different to the used car lot down the street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts