Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been on the fence about getting this unit myself if I pull the trigger and get it I'll post about
Yeah I asked around on how much it'll cost and the guy quoted me $300 to install it, cause I wouldn't dare installing it myself lol! the unit itself on Ebay is around $200-ish so its not too bad I mean if it means having an actual screen than its ok, I really wanted apple car play in my car. 💪

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I asked around on how much it'll cost and the guy quoted me $300 to install it, cause I wouldn't dare installing it myself lol! the unit itself on Ebay is around $200-ish so its not too bad I mean if it means having an actual screen than its ok, I really wanted apple car play in my car. 💪
I was back and forth on getting one like that from eBay and one on Ali Express. Ultimately went with Ali Express since there are options with more RAM and some users have posted and seem happy with it, but I haven’t seen anyone with one from eBay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally had a Kenwood double din radio installed in my car for the purpose of having CarPlay/Android Auto. I tried an Ali Express radio and wasn't happy with it.
Did you install it yourself? Did you have to have a custom frame to fit the radio in? if you got it done how much was it in total?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you install it yourself? Did you have to have a custom frame to fit the radio in? if you got it done how much was it in total?
I swear I thought I posted the photos on this forum, but I can't find them. I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 for the labor from a shop. They used the existing Lexus radio bracket. It required a minor amount of welding & cutting to get the angle right for screen. Only other modification was adding the ABS plastic you see under it and I think they slightly cut the right side trim fabric.

Anyway, here's a photo!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts