Lexus CT200h Forums banner

5000 mile service

16K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  Dirvin 
#1 ·
Just had my 5000 mile sevice had reverse chime disabled:) and door handle issue was discussed and a new handle is on order over all was a good experience and best of all the cost was $0:D as is the 10,000 mile service which includes a oil change

#13 ·
I get 25,000 miles free maintenance

how come your 10,000 mile is free..?

im thinking of taking my car to a toyota dealership since it's closer
I wonder how much the 10,000 service cost.. anyone?
My dealer is giving me the first 25,000 or two years free :D The also have pick-up and delivery which I might use when my car is older since I am about 35 miles from the dealer I bought from.

#5 · (Edited)
I was told that only my 1st and 2nd service was free (California, Los Angeles here) I will check my owners manual

Well this is a little weird..
In the manual it says 6 month/5000 miles & 12 months/10,000 miles are free
so that is two free services.
However, my dealership made me service at 1,000 miles
Now my next service is at 5,000 miles
I wonder if this means I have to pay at 10,000 miles...

anyone in the same situations?

if I got tricked into doing the 1k and wont be getting 10k for free I will be pissed. I remember going there and the guy did almost nothing to the car and I waited 1 hour and a half when the wait time was estimated to be less than 1 hour. It seems like the 10k service is the one where it is not a pure "inspection" and actually requires an oil change. Feels like a scam now.

#18 ·
I was told that only my 1st and 2nd service was free. In the manual it says 6 month/5000 miles & 12 months/10,000 miles are free, so that is two free services.
However, my dealership made me service at 1,000 miles
Now my next service is at 5,000 miles
I wonder if this means I have to pay at 10,000 miles...
I just did my 6 month (5k) service today at Longo here in SoCal and I asked the service adviser about the free services. He told me that they do the first 3 visits, because the 1 month (1k) is just a once over to make sure all is well with the car and to make any changes to it's settings that the owner prefers. He said that they used to include one free oil change; but since they now use synthetic oil and the first oil change isn't until the 1 year (10k) service, that they now do the first 2 services so that you still get one free oil change. :)

#6 ·
Chik3nPoo - My car upon delivery had a sticker on the upper windshield saying 1,000 for my next maintenance and when I asked them about that, they said it wasn't needed, it was more of a check up of I wanted them to look at anything or customize any of my settings. If they do plan on hosing you, you should be prepared to fight for that free oil change from them, as we all get that as part of the purchase.

Good luck!

#8 ·
Sure thing. Please tell me you don't wait for your car service each time? I had my 5,000 done and got a loaner for the day and will get one at the 10K mark. Crazy you had to wait 1.5 hrs. for them!

#10 ·
Here's the thing. The first two scheduled services are included, which also includes ONE free oil change. The oil change isn't done until 10k, ergo, that scheduled maintenance is free.

The 1k is probably just a complimentary inspection.

#11 ·
Had my 5k service today... Why can't all dealers be this way? What a lovely experience. Of course, easy when it's free, I think the ambiance of the waiting area and the quality of the customer service experience at my dealer would differ if I was paying for the service... will have to reconsider after 10k service where I go or DIY the changes....

#20 ·
Wow! Some of the perks your guys' dealerships offer are amazing! My dealership (Keyes Lexus, Van Nuys) told me the only complimentary service they offer is the 5k. After reading through the service manual, it states that the first 2 services (5k & 10k) are complimentary. Can't wait to hit that marker so I can bust his balls about not offering the 10k service for free.

#21 ·
LOL. Don't fret ballerchild, you can always go to another dealership for your second service (which matters since they change your oil then) and it will be honored. I like Keyes service because they are close by. I haven't gone back since last time since I got shuffled around. You request one specific service advisor, and someone decides to take over because said service advisor is "on break." Then you later realize this guy just stole someone else's client. LAAAME.

#32 ·
Really, if it were your car that was being loaned and your friend/family member returned it without replacing the fuel they used, how would you feel about them?
If you really think you are getting something for nothing, your just kidding yourself. There is a charge there somewhere for the gas that is used. If not, maybe you should start getting your gas at that dealership since it is "FREE". Like the old ad that shows you a sofa for sale and the love seat is "FREE", gimme a break.
I'd gladly replace the fuel in a loaner, gladly!

#36 ·
Big Lew, you aren't borrowing a car from a friend or family member. Give ME a break.

Something for nothing? Really? You paid for this convenience with the purchase of your car. If the document you sign does not even mention gas then you should ask your dealer if gas is complimentary before you go assuming Lexus=Hertz.

#33 ·
Big Lew,

What I think you fail to realize is there have been instances (at least in my experience) where the service manager will tell me something like "sign here to acknowledge you will return the car with the same amount of gas as when you took the car" and then follow it up with something like "but yeah, dont worry about it, just dont return it bone dry" or something like that

And you're right about the charge for the gas being "there somewhere".. in fact, so are the donuts and coffee that they "give" you in the waiting room. Its all in the premium you paid to buy your car and to have it serviced there.

#40 ·
Chuckle...just wait until you start paying for those services. You will feel like they owe you the complimentary gas. Someone mentioned that the visit with oil change only runs $149. I'm not surprised. They will check some fluid levels, inspect your tires and call it a service.

Lexus maintenance is very expensive. Sometimes I wonder how they can look at you with a straight face. I've always assumed the free loaner with gas along with the free car wash and vacuum was part of what you get for the outrageous prices.

I always use the dealership for services. I pulled out my last paperwork where I paid something like $600 for a scheduled maintenance and it said nothing about the gas. Didn't even say how much was in it when I picked it up.

I seem to have better than average dealer perks but that's how they keep me coming in after I hit the 25k mark. Not to beat a dead horse, but if your paperwork does not mention the gas, why not ask if it is complimentary?

#41 ·
Chuckle...just wait until you start paying for those services. You will feel like they owe you the complimentary gas. Someone mentioned that the visit with oil change only runs $149. I'm not surprised. They will check some fluid levels, inspect your tires and call it a service.

Lexus maintenance is very expensive. Sometimes I wonder how they can look at you with a straight face. I've always assumed the free loaner with gas along with the free car wash and vacuum was part of what you get for the outrageous prices.

I always use the dealership for services. I pulled out my last paperwork where I paid something like $600 for a scheduled maintenance and it said nothing about the gas. Didn't even say how much was in it when I picked it up.

I seem to have better than average dealer perks but that's how they keep me coming in after I hit the 25k mark. Not to beat a dead horse, but if your paperwork does not mention the gas, why not ask if it is complimentary?
Dirvin, you must be Golden! :)

I just serviced my Boxster. Nothing was wrong with it, I service it once a year because I barely drive it! (12 years old, just over 37k miles) So, major (2 year) service $1614; brake fluid renewal service $214; air bag service $78; unknown (to me) oil leak (replace oil filler tube) $535 and adjust parking brake $155. Luckily, I received a 15% dealer service discount for the total service amount, so that helped. (It should have been 20% (first use of the discount card), I have to call them about that!) Just an oil change is $300 for this car. Next year is the wheel alignment, which I do every other year! $500+ (I learned my lesson after destroying my first set of tires!) :eek:

This is the same dealership that I mentioned before about the loaner car paperwork; as I said before, they DO mention the gas and note the dents, so I don't think that the "expensive" service costs are the determining factor. ;)

It's more likely that it's a regional thing! The loaner is also a $50,000 car, so that might have something to do with it! :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.