Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used 2012 ct200h last month from the dealership with just shy of 29,000 miles on it. I’ve since passed 31,000 miles and the “Oil Maintenance Required” display pops up on the dash when I start my car, along with the warning of Air Filter Check and Rotate Tires on the navigation system.

This may be a stupid question, but wouldn’t the car be serviced before I purchased it with enough oil and the tires rotated? I understand 30k is a big maintenance mark on a vehicle, and this may just be a factory default warning. But before I go and have the techs check it, just wanted to see what others on here think, and what to look out for with a 30k mile checkup.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Those warnings are set to start when you approach and hit the 30k mile mark.

I doubt that the dealership would have done that service, so you'll want to get it done.

It's a very basic service with the only significant items being an oil change, air, oil, and cabin filters changed, brake fluid flush, and tire rotation. The rest of it is basic inspections.

Lexus charges upwards of $450 for this service, but if you have the means, you can do all the above items for about $100.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Do it yourself or if you can't, then take it to a reputable mechanic and keep your receipts. They can't refuse any future warranty claim or recall just because you have the service done elsewhere, but it is your burden to keep proof that it was, in fact, done. I just like to take it to the Lexus dealer once in a while because they are so familiar with the car and might notice something that I didn't. Of course, there is always the chance that they might notice something that doesn't actually exist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts