Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rims from Getyourwheels.com arrived few days ago and I got them mounted.

Wheel: 19inch Avant Garde M510 8.5" Wide
Tires: Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 in 235 / 35 / 19
Rim Color: Race Gold
Vehicle Color: Matador Red

I thought about getting a gold rim for over 6 months and finally did it.
More pics coming soon.
The car in the picture still has the 1.5inch lift kit but I removed that two days ago but haven't taken new pictures yet.
Oh and the Indy 500's are amazing tires. The comfort of the vehicle has greatly increased but mpg has lowered slightly. Overall a major upgrade because of increased traction on the road on straights and especially on corners.

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

Reactions: Jspenc360 and joey

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What’s the offset?
So the rim offset is +45... The back can take a max of probably 10mm spacer in my opinion and the front no spacers but possibly a 5mm spacer without lowering and lowering i'm not sure. There are some others who can comment on flush fitment but at +45 offset there are no issues at all running 235/35 r19 on 8.5 rim. My next tires will probably be 245/35/19 or 255/35/19...

..I might get lowering springs. The car is at stock ride height now, and with the 235/35 tires it really needs the lowering to make it look better. Wish I had gone 255/35 but it was out of stock and I was impatient to get the rims mounted. Still doing some research but I will let ya'll know if and when I do!

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! How much for the set of Fsport springs.. Are you riding stock or did you graduate to coilovers? I heard the Fsport Springs are out of production so I might consider that.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Two more pics from the day I removed the 30mm Rear wheel spacers and the front and rear suspension lift spacers.

Firehawk Indy 500 Tires in 235/35/19. Grip is the best I have ever driven in my life in dry weather, truly night and day difference from the best of any tire I have ever owned. Wet weather grip is phenomenal. These are not even all season tires and the rain grip is better than any all season tire I've owned in the past, truly insane tires.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Stock ride height. No spacer in front or rear. Wheel well in front looks naked because there is no fender liner inside. I have a brand new one sitting here that I'm waiting to mount.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Reactions: Jspenc360

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just upgraded my 2012 stock rear bumper to the 2014+ rear bumper.
That booty is looking pretty!

I ordered the bumper from Revemoto.com for around $850 and it arrived painted with free shipping included. So really great deal. Once it arrived I removed the stock bumper and fitted this one on. I got the instructions from the Car manual. Two bolts near the trunk lid and two bolts one on each side of the rear well need to be removed and then the rest are plastic clips.
You can see in the picture that there is a plastic piece missing from the center of the rear bumper. That part is still on the way from the lexus shop. You can also see the hitch that I installed as well.

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate

This is the car at the alignment shop for the recent rim upgrade.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took some pics this week to show the quality of the new painted rear bumper from RevMoto.

Wheel Tire Car Building Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Reactions: TobiasSing

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some night pics from yesterday…

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here are the things I’ve done to the car since my last major update...

1. Installed OEM Lexus Rear Bumper Protector.

2. Installed new OEM Fender Liners on front left and right.

3. Oil change with PENNZOIL Ultra Platinum 5W-30 (Make sure you get the “Ultra Platinum”. Not just the “Platinum”)

4. Installed Mud Flaps on the two front wheels. I have the rears and will install those but I ran out of time at the DIY garage I use to do work.

5. Installed Morimoto Lexus/Toyota LED Fogs. (Previously I was using the OEM fog housing but with HID bulb and 35W Ballast) . Fogs are instant ON now, I still have 35w G5R HID projectors for the headlights. I will not be getting rid of those.

114K on the Dash.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today I installed the rear mud-flaps.
installation was pretty quick about 10 minutes per side.

1. remove wheel.
2. line up mud flap and score holes where the metal retainer will hold.
3. attach metal retainer to plastic and using a cordless hex driver, drive the screw threw the fender plastic.
4. back out the screw and then put on the mud-flap and then drive the screw threw it and into the metal retainer.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle

Ladies and Gentlemen, today the Lexus CT is hooked up and ready for the 1300 mile journey to our new home.

To prepare for our trip I purchased and installed the CT200H Hitch and the wiring harness from etrailer.com. I also purchased the hitch lock from Uhaul. I did a fresh oil change with new filter yesterday with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30. And the transmission oil was last changed 3 months ago in August. I will be doing another transmission oil change as soon as I arrive to the new city and home.

As long as you change the transmission oil regularly there will be no harm to the vehicle. Heat is what breaks down and oxidizes transmission oil this leading to issues. There is no such thing as a lifetime transmission oil.

115,404 miles on the dash.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
425 Posts
Today I installed the rear mud-flaps.
installation was pretty quick about 10 minutes per side.

1. remove wheel.
2. line up mud flap and score holes where the metal retainer will hold.
3. attach metal retainer to plastic and using a cordless hex driver, drive the screw threw the fender plastic.
4. back out the screw and then put on the mud-flap and then drive the screw threw it and into the metal retainer.

View attachment 61026
View attachment 61028
View attachment 61027
View attachment 61029
View attachment 61025
I have these too. They really help keep the car clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts