Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I’m a complete rookie so be gentile!
Just sold my 2001 LS430 with 150k trouble-free miles and decided to go for some MPG's with a little style. Obviously, the size and comfort of the LS is unsurpassed; I even got 25mpg's on long road trips, like driving to Vegas. In the real world it would ave. 18-19, which is still respectable for a large luxury automobile.
90% of my driving is alone, going to work and meetings, so cruising around an empty LS seemed a bit excessive.
I think my main problem is I’m not sure how I should be driving the CT. I find myself concentrating so much on trying to maximize the MPG’s, that I’m not enjoying the drive. Like trying to accelerate to 15-20MPH while still in EV mode, I actually get upset when the motor kicks in too early!
Should I just drive it like a normal car, or do I have to completely change my driving habits in order to enjoy better gas mileage? Is there a happy medium?
Any tips you care to offer would be appreciated, I just may be over-thinking this. Maybe I should just turn the stereo on and drive and let the CT take care of the rest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, and I'm VERY happy to hear that. I was afraid I would be "that guy" holding up traffic, etc. On my way home from work, I put a CD on and drove...actually enjoyed the ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't express how happy I am to find this forum, and acted on everyone's advice to just drive it and enjoy. Paid no attention to mileage on my commute home last night and into the office this
morning and was pleasantly surprised to see.....
Speedometer Auto part Gauge Odometer Measuring instrument

So as they say in poker, "I'm all in"! No regrets, time to enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I find getting high mileage can be like playing a video game where I try to score the most points.

Enjoy your new car...
Man, I love this analogy. I got a CPO so the XM demo was already expired, many people say it's worth ir for only a few bucks so I'll have to figure out how to add it or at least demo it.

THank you for the reply.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a quick thank you to all of the great comments, between discovering this forum and my first stop at the gas station I can honestly say that any regrets are definately over.

My wife wanted to take the CT on a long road trip, so thought I would be nice and top the tank off for her. You should have seen the grin on my face when the pump clicked off at only 5-gallons for 1/2 a tank. I actually thought it wasn't finished!

Averaged just over 40mpg on my first 203 miles which is more than double the LS. At 18mpg ave the LS would have gulped 11.27 gallons vs. the CT's 5 gallons, and in So Cal right now we're at $4.65/gallon.

Case Closed, the CT is here to stay!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel White

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.