Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt like the stock wheels are nice enough on this car, but they're way too inset from the fender, especially on the back. I recently ordered 2 25mm spacers online for $37, and I feel like the difference, while subtle, still makes a visual impact. The stock lugs are just shy of sticking out on the 25mm spacers, so anything smaller might require grinding your lugs, but the stock wheels do have an indentation between lugs, so I'm wondering if I might be able to get away with a 20mm spacer in the front without needing to cut bolts. However, I wonder if 20mm spacers up front might make the wheels poke out a bit beyond flush-with-the-fender.

Anyway, a couple before/after pics for ya.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I'm kind of new to this. Looks great, but why would you need to cut bolts? I'm having a hard time visualizing why you'd need to do any alterations to the lug nuts / bolts because of this

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I'm kind of new to this. Looks great, but why would you need to cut bolts? I'm having a hard time visualizing why you'd need to do any alterations to the lug nuts / bolts because of this
The stock lugs stick out about 23-24mm from the hub, so if you use a spacer smaller than 25mm you'll likely have some lugs sticking out from beyond the spacer. That little piece of lug will bump up against the inside of the wheel when you put it on. Some people seem to have had to cut their studs down so they don't interfere, but some wheels seem to have a small indentation that can accommodate a slight protrusion without needing to be cut.

here's one of a couple of threads about it, where it seems the OP was able to use 15mm spacers on the front without needing to cut, but another poster down below did have to cut the studs.

https://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-suspension-wheels-tires/140577-2015-f-sport-flushed-fenders-via-spacers.html

I'm torn right now on whether or not to try some spacers on the front, cuz I don't want to have to cut down the studs. I noticed my stock wheels do have a slight indentation, but I'm not sure if that means I can use a 15mm or a 20mm. The other thing is I also don't want the front wheels to poke out (I prefer flush), so it's a fine tune thing. I might very well end up ordering the 20mm's for the front to see if those will fit without cutting studs and without too much poke. The front didn't need as big of a spacer to be flush with the fender as the rear needs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you buy the spacers?
I got them from Ebay. From "Titan Wheel Accessories", they have the right 5x100 54.1 12mmx1.5 hub centric versions we need. I ordered my 35mms and they got here in like 3 days, so I plan to transplant the 25mm's to the front, and put the 35mm's on the back tomorrow. I'll post pics!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any news on the 25mm front and 35mm rear?
Done! I had a small problem because it seems my locknuts weren't as deep as the spacers' lugs were long, so I broke 2 locknuts trying to put them back on (torqued to spec). So I went to my local shop and asked them to remove the broken lugs, & they offered to install the spacers too (just charged me $20 for a rotation. Check it out with 25's in front & 35's in rear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Done! I had a small problem because it seems my locknuts weren't as deep as the spacers' lugs were long, so I broke 2 locknuts trying to put them back on (torqued to spec). So I went to my local shop and asked them to remove the broken lugs, & they offered to install the spacers too (just charged me $20 for a rotation. Check it out with 25's in front & 35's in rear.

View attachment 59907
Looks perfect. Any issues with rubbing on inner fenders or anything?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks perfect. Any issues with rubbing on inner fenders or anything?
Thanks, I agree. Looks much better than stock, even though it's kind of subtle. No issues with rubbing or anything since I'm still stock height otherwise. No issues on hard turns either. Just a nicer looking wheel/fender alignment. I'm happy with it. (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got them from Ebay. From "Titan Wheel Accessories", they have the right 5x100 54.1 12mmx1.5 hub centric versions we need. I ordered my 35mms and they got here in like 3 days, so I plan to transplant the 25mm's to the front, and put the 35mm's on the back tomorrow. I'll post pics!
I found the 25mm set on e-bay, but I'm not seeing the 35mm. Did you get them somewhere else?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great, but why would you need to cut bolts?
if you get spacers smaller than 25mm, the stock lug bolt coming out of the hub will protrude beyond the spacer, so the wheel might bump up against it. The stock wheels do have a slight indentation on the interior in between lugs, so a 20mm spacer might still work, but I didn't test it. Most people who used a 15mm spacer on here said they had to grind/cut studs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts