Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up our CT 200h last night with 22 miles on it.
Today we drove 20 miles more.
The computer shows average gas mileage 25.8 mpg.
Is it normal for break-in period?

Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
OH WOW OMG you got the CT300h version that has 200 horsepower!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks.
When I bought mine my average MPG was also reading in the 20s. The dealer said it would take ~200 miles before it would read accurately, and low and behold, at 430 miles I am at 45.8 MPG average. In the meantime, just enjoy watching the MPG mile go up as you drive :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you fill up your tank, the MPG gets reset, so you can start all over and not have the first miles factor into the figure.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
More than likely .....

It was hot outside and someone sat there setting up you car with the Power On ..... for a long time :D

Because even if you kept it in sport mode with WOT it would be hard to get that low of MPG.

·
Registered
132 Posts
do the calculations and don't rely on the odo to calculate the the MPG...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine was like that as well. I just assumed that the guys who installed the tinting at the dealership did so with car running and the air conditioner on. The mileage rose throughout the first tank of gas. But I didn't get an accurate picture of my mileage until the second tank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I bought mine my average MPG was also reading in the 20s. The dealer said it would take ~200 miles before it would read accurately, and low and behold, at 430 miles I am at 45.8 MPG average. In the meantime, just enjoy watching the MPG mile go up as you drive :)
Thank you. That's what I thought but wanted to confirm.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah, mine showed 32.7 when I picked it up (with 100 miles on the clock). Normal test driving average MPG.

Now I regularly get it over 50mpg (indicated), currently showing 48.9mpg tonight.

·
Registered
180 Posts

Thanks.
Did you reset the trip and mileage indicator before you started driving? Some of the dealer prep activities seem to drive the mileage through the roof.

Unless it's really cold where you are, and your drives are really short, you shouldn't get much below 40 mpg. (The car uses much more gas while warming up)

·
Registered
45 Posts
The car computer is off by 1-3 mpg on mine quite consistently. On the high side (computer shows higher mpg than you seem to be actually getting). Always less @ the pump with the calculator than on the car computer. Almost. I think I had it accurate once in 2000 miles so far. But that's 95%+ accuracy most of the time.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Weird. I got around 53 MPG on my ride home from the dealer (I reset it pulling out of the dealer lot). So still not convinced the above is true. I now have 10K miles on my car, and I don't see any change in MPG's really.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Weird. I got around 53 MPG on my ride home from the dealer (I reset it pulling out of the dealer lot). So still not convinced the above is true. I now have 10K miles on my car, and I don't see any change in MPG's really.
I also didn't have this issue, I got 49 MPG on my way home from the dealer (about 45 miles), the car had 3 miles on it when I picked it up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The key here is you reset it when you left. the reason why everyone else is averaging low mpgs on that first tank is because the dealer leaves the car running to do their tests to make sure nothing happened in the delivery process. If you dont reset it, youre getting the car at like 12 mpg and then have to bring it back up

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
The key here is you reset it when you left. the reason why everyone else is averaging low mpgs on that first tank is because the dealer leaves the car running to do their tests to make sure nothing happened in the delivery process. If you dont reset it, youre getting the car at like 12 mpg and then have to bring it back up
Thanks, yeah, I get that. That's why I said I reset mine. They must have had the car running a very long time in his case.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The average gas mileage goes up.
Now we have about 85 miles with 30.2 mpg.
I guess with the next tank of gas will be close to normal.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
The average gas mileage goes up.
Now we have about 85 miles with 30.2 mpg.
I guess with the next tank of gas will be close to normal.
If you don't feel like waiting until your next fill-up, you can click on the right button on the steering wheel until you cycle thru to the large MPG reading and hold it down. You can reset that one (not sure if you knew that or not).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts