1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I can see some people might like it but it's not for me

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Dislike. It just clashes with the interior of the car IMO, but it's your car. If you like it, then get it.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Maybe if there was some dark carbon fiber ones

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's overkill, I know. Too many pieces but the single Lexus piece is too little, IMO. For the price, I'm thinking pick and chose and apply a few. Too bad about the color I agree.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good link, rise&demise. Much better color selection and the panel fits the nav option.

·
Registered
99 Posts
those kit parts must be stitched with 3M double sided tape on interior panels :eek:
it's useless, imho.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Could just get 3M double sided tape yourself, depending on your 3M'ing skills.

·
Registered
109 Posts
:eek: doesn't look good at all...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I thought about this option but decided against it. Maybe it's just me but the wood grain has an old school feel to it. Something like in a Lincoln or Cadillac. I have the black interior with the silver accents. Also I didn't want to start with a lot of sticky tape that would be impossible to remove or leave a residue behind. Sometimes less is more.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I thought about this option but decided against it. Maybe it's just me but the wood grain has an old school feel to it. Something like in a Lincoln or Cadillac. I have the black interior with the silver accents. Also I didn't want to start with a lot of sticky tape that would be impossible to remove or leave a residue behind. Sometimes less is more.
I couldn't agree more. What came with my car (the same as above) looks just fine. I would not want to change it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed a real walnut burl wood trim kit from CarID.com, would post pictures when I get the chance to. It's really thin veneer, real wood, with lots and lots of urethane topcoat. I didn't install most of the pieces that were included in the kit. Some were as wild as covering the aircon vents and Lexus steering wheel logo.

As always, moderation is key ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I installed a real walnut burl wood trim kit from CarID.com, would post pictures when I get the chance to. It's really thin veneer, real wood, with lots and lots of urethane topcoat. I didn't install most of the pieces that were included in the kit. Some were as wild as covering the aircon vents and Lexus steering wheel logo.

As always, moderation is key ;)
I would be interested in seeing the pics.....I think installing some of the pieces would give a great look without being overwhelming. The price is decent, compared to what Lexus charges for just the one piece over the glove box.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would be interested in seeing the pics.....I think installing some of the pieces would give a great look without being overwhelming. The price is decent, compared to what Lexus charges for just the one piece over the glove box.
Same here...would love to see some pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts