Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 20mm spacers require shaving down studs in order to fit the stock wheels on?

I know that 25mm spacers will clear the lugs, and I've seen a couple of people say they needed to shave down their lugs a bit to fit some 15mm spacers on, but I wonder if a 20mm spacer will/won't require shaving down lugs?

The stock rims do have an indentation between the lugs which should allow for a few mm of lug protrusion, but how much I'm not sure of.

Anybody know, by chance?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After pondering it a bit more, I think I'm going to transfer my 25mm spacers that I currently have in the rear to the front, and I just ordered some 38mm spacers to put in the back instead. The stock 17" rims come with a +45mm offset, which is 9mm different than the F rims which are +36 (so "flush look" requires different size spacers for F or non-F rims).

All that considered, I feel like the 25mm spacers still didn't quite achieve a flush look, so I was considering putting the 25's up front and going bigger in the back. After some careful measuring, it seems a perfect fender flush would be right around 21mm front and 35mm rear (for the stock 17" rims). I'm afraid I'd have to cut/grind studs with a 20mm up front, so I'll put the 25's there (anticipating a tiny bit of poke), and to keep the front uniform with the back I'll go 38mm back there (basically 1" and 1.5" front and back).

Hopefully it'll look good. Here's what the current "just the 25's in the back" looks like.

Lexus ct200h spacers wheels flush stance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do u have pictures of 25mm on front and 35mm on the back please.
The wife is at work, but I can take some this evening after she gets home. 25/38 is a bit too much poke and looks a bit too "fast and furious", but it's what we went with since that was all that was available at the time. 20/32 would be almost perfectly flush if you can find them in that size. Unfortunately when we bought them, there was nothing available between 25 and 38.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's the wife's car, so I rarely drive it. But she's good about noticing small problems before they become big ones. She's had no complaints about vibrations or noises, and says the ride didn't really change. I would imagine it having better stability and handling due to the wider wheelbase, but she doesn't drive like I do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking good. How is the ride?
It was fine/felt the same to me. 'Maybe' it felt a little better during turning cause of the wider wheel base, just not sure if I trust hard spirited driving/turns with thick spacers, hubcentric or not. I just I had no issues, just have to make sure you retorque them after driving them for a little bit or two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had Ichiba V2 spacers on my FRS for 4 years of hard driving so I'm planning on getting the same for the CT. Was hoping I could just re-use those but the bore and thread is different, d'oh!

I think indolent has me sold on the 20/32 spacers, have been meaning to get out the calipers and check what's needed. are you lowered at all? sometimes you can get away with some extra space if have more camber (natural or otherwise adjusted). I'm currently on the F-sport lowering springs so down about 1-1.5". Had a similar setup on the FRS with TRD springs and the spacers, looked great.

From my research so far, I need:
Bolt Pattern: 5x100
Center Bore: 54.1
Thread: 12x1.5

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would u recommend hubcentric to get the spacers from?
Were they hubcentric? If so, would you mind sharing a link to where you found them.
They're hubcentric, I ordered them off eBay. I just typed in hubcentric 5x100 54.1 and saw what options were available.

I had Ichiba V2 spacers on my FRS for 4 years of hard driving so I'm planning on getting the same for the CT. Was hoping I could just re-use those but the bore and thread is different, d'oh!

I think indolent has me sold on the 20/32 spacers, have been meaning to get out the calipers and check what's needed. are you lowered at all? sometimes you can get away with some extra space if have more camber (natural or otherwise adjusted). I'm currently on the F-sport lowering springs so down about 1-1.5". Had a similar setup on the FRS with TRD springs and the spacers, looked great.

I ordered mine off eBay. They're hubcentric (54.1mm bore). I just typed in hubcentric 5x100 54.1 and browsed through the options. I wasn't lowered at the time when I used the spacers, but I felt that they were stock "tire" flush if you're using the same 215/45/R17's. I had no rubbing issues on stock springs on hard turns or dips, but it is my daily so I don't drive too crazy normally. I've only had the spacers on for 2-3 months and I didn't have any issues. Just have to remember to retorque them after driving a few miles or so.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Found them, thanks! The 20mm were available at the time, but the 32mm weren't available a few months ago. Anyone interested in my 25/38 set of hubcentric spacers? Only a few months old.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Ultrasonichedgehog have you got pictures of your car with the f-sport springs? Just want to see how low it looks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ultrasonichedgehog have you got pictures of your car with the f-sport springs? Just want to see how low it looks.
I still feel like it needs to go down another inch but its better than stock lol. picked up the springs used for a good deal so decided to just run them for now. May eventually get a set of RSR or KW coilovers down the road.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts