Lexus CT200h Forums banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for your help! Even though I have the Obsidian color?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s a similar thread on clublexus, comparing 202(black/onyx) and 212 obsidian. If we were talking door panels or hoods or fenders, maybe i’d paint it yourself with the right code. for plastic trim pieces I wouldn’t bother. The way paint hits plastic vs. galvanized steel or aluminum panels always looks slightly different anyway.

the thread is in the 2nd gen IS forum titled “Is there any difference between Black Onyx (202) or Obsidian (212)?”

edit: if you do end up getting it unpainted and painting it yourself, the last two digits (C0 in your case) indicate paint color. you can find the part number for unpainted with a little searching. I recently repainted one of my Audi’s in my garage with a harbor freight sprayer with axalta coating’s challenger low voc base coat. half pint should give you enough to paint it twice in case you mess up for around $40. I used Valspar’s V-series European clear and ran about $200 for the 7.5 liter kit, but it’s good for a couple years if you do any bumper resprayings etc in the future. I had great results with these.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There’s a similar thread on clublexus, comparing 202(black/onyx) and 212 obsidian. If we were talking door panels or hoods or fenders, maybe i’d paint it yourself with the right code. for plastic trim pieces I wouldn’t bother. The way paint hits plastic vs. galvanized steel or aluminum panels always looks slightly different anyway.

the thread is in the 2nd gen IS forum titled “Is there any difference between Black Onyx (202) or Obsidian (212)?”

edit: if you do end up getting it unpainted and painting it yourself, the last two digits (C0 in your case) indicate paint color. you can find the part number for unpainted with a little searching. I recently repainted one of my Audi’s in my garage with a harbor freight sprayer with axalta coating’s challenger low voc base coat. half pint should give you enough to paint it twice in case you mess up for around $40. I used Valspar’s V-series European clear and ran about $200 for the 7.5 liter kit, but it’s good for a couple years if you do any bumper resprayings etc in the future. I had great results with these.
This is helpful. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts

Upgraded/Replaced my 2015 Halogens to 2018+ LED Headlights. You can find them on eBay or Yahoo auctions typically close/around ~$2K.
I used the OEM LED Headlight retrofit/wire harness guide by joey to guide me in the right direction in making a conversion harness.

I’ve read various/conflicting info regarding how to wire up the newer headlights, the pin out, differing wiring color schemes between models, etc. so I found that the best way was to figure out the new headlight pin out on my own. I did not wire up the Self-Leveling module (yet) as my stock halogens/chassis wire harness did not have them.
View attachment 61101
Parts used.
  • Lo Beam H11 Male connector x2
  • Hi Beam 5-Pin Male Connector Part #90980-11598 x2
  • Parking/DRL 6-Pin Male Connector Part #90980-11193 x2
  • 2018+ Main LED 8-Pin Female Connector Part #90980-10897 x2
  • 18 Gauge AWG copper wire
  • Terminals with Seals/Grommets
  • Open Barrel Terminal Crimper Molex Plier Tool
Note: If you de/re-pin the stock chassis harness plugs into connector 90980-10897, you won’t need the stock 5-Pin & 6-Pin connectors (90980-11598 & 90980-11193). You can buy most of the plugs on amazon or the Toyota dealer.

There are 7 solid colors (White, Green, Blue, Grey, Yellow, Black, Red) on the main 8-Pin plug on the 2018+ headlights. I started by making an 8-Pin pigtail harness using Female Connector Part #90980-10897. I assumed white & black were ground, then using a voltmeter to verify most of the pin out, then using a 9V battery to see what powered on. If anyone gets a pair, make sure you verify your own pin out (may vary) by using a voltmeter and testing it on your own.

The headlights I purchased did not have the turn signal indicator bulb/socket. The old halogen ones do not fit, so I modified them to work by using a razor blade to trim the socket plug tabs. They fit well, no problems so I did not bother to find the appropriate bulb socket/plug part # for the newer headlights

I took my front bumper off, mounted the new headlights, double checked its function by using the pigtail to plug in the wiring one by one to the stock harness, then measuring & cutting to length, then proceed to crimping on the terminals and placing them in the appropriate parts of the connectors. I haven’t figured out what Grey Pin #4 was for, but my Lo/Hi, DRL, Parking lights all work well without throwing a check headlight sensor indicator.
Hello! Amazing work.
I’m curious. Are you selling any pair of headlights pre wired with the correct harnes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I’m looking for your advice and help.
I’m looking to obtain some 2018+ Headlights and rears. What kind of lights should I look for? I hear buying from Europe are more compatible than Japan? If so what else do I need? I see you previously offered harnesses. If your services are available I’d be happy to purchase.

thank you

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Hello! Amazing work.
I’m curious. Are you selling any pair of headlights pre wired with the correct harnes
I had a extra set of headlights that I made a prewired harness for awhile ago. I can easily make them again, I might have extra parts to do it too. Just let me know when you get a pair and if needed I can make a harness for you. Depending on where in Europe, there's still plenty of places there that are RHD so just because it's from EU doesn't mean it'll have the LHD "US" cut out. I changed my cut out shield to LHD and noticed that it was stamped "US" vs the RHD cut out shield was stamped "JP"

Hello,
I’m looking for your advice and help.
I’m looking to obtain some 2018+ Headlights and rears. What kind of lights should I look for? I hear buying from Europe are more compatible than Japan? If so what else do I need? I see you previously offered harnesses. If your services are available I’d be happy to purchase.

thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the insight! I’m looking now once I get some I’ll definitely need the harnesses. I’ll reach out soon, hopefully.

I had a extra set of headlights that I made a prewired harness for awhile ago. I can easily make them again, I might have extra parts to do it too. Just let me know when you get a pair and if needed I can make a harness for you. Depending on where in Europe, there's still plenty of places there that are RHD so just because it's from EU doesn't mean it'll have the LHD "US" cut out. I changed my cut out shield to LHD and noticed that it was stamped "US" vs the RHD cut out shield was stamped "JP"

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sent you a message about getting a prewired harness made if you were still open to doing that. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sent you a message about getting a prewired harness made if you were still open to doing that. Thanks!
Hello, I am trying to make this modification, I have the 2018+ headlights at home but I have the same problem with the turn signals, I can't get them to work well, with your harness they work well? Could you provide me with the wiring diagram to make this update? It would be very helpful. Thank you very much from Spain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am trying to make this modification, I have the 2018+ headlights at home but I have the same problem with the turn signals, I can't get them to work well, with your harness they work well? Could you provide me with the wiring diagram to make this update? It would be very helpful. Thank you very much from Spain.
P.D. Pero el que necesito es el harness precableado del tail light.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Hello, I didn't have any problems with my headlights. I used the factory turn signal socket/wiring for my car. The problem I'm currently have is my turn signals for my taillights at the moment (lazy to figure out/not fixed)

61 - 74 of 74 Posts