Lexus CT200h Forums banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for your help! Even though I have the Obsidian color?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s a similar thread on clublexus, comparing 202(black/onyx) and 212 obsidian. If we were talking door panels or hoods or fenders, maybe i’d paint it yourself with the right code. for plastic trim pieces I wouldn’t bother. The way paint hits plastic vs. galvanized steel or aluminum panels always looks slightly different anyway.

the thread is in the 2nd gen IS forum titled “Is there any difference between Black Onyx (202) or Obsidian (212)?”

edit: if you do end up getting it unpainted and painting it yourself, the last two digits (C0 in your case) indicate paint color. you can find the part number for unpainted with a little searching. I recently repainted one of my Audi’s in my garage with a harbor freight sprayer with axalta coating’s challenger low voc base coat. half pint should give you enough to paint it twice in case you mess up for around $40. I used Valspar’s V-series European clear and ran about $200 for the 7.5 liter kit, but it’s good for a couple years if you do any bumper resprayings etc in the future. I had great results with these.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There’s a similar thread on clublexus, comparing 202(black/onyx) and 212 obsidian. If we were talking door panels or hoods or fenders, maybe i’d paint it yourself with the right code. for plastic trim pieces I wouldn’t bother. The way paint hits plastic vs. galvanized steel or aluminum panels always looks slightly different anyway.

the thread is in the 2nd gen IS forum titled “Is there any difference between Black Onyx (202) or Obsidian (212)?”

edit: if you do end up getting it unpainted and painting it yourself, the last two digits (C0 in your case) indicate paint color. you can find the part number for unpainted with a little searching. I recently repainted one of my Audi’s in my garage with a harbor freight sprayer with axalta coating’s challenger low voc base coat. half pint should give you enough to paint it twice in case you mess up for around $40. I used Valspar’s V-series European clear and ran about $200 for the 7.5 liter kit, but it’s good for a couple years if you do any bumper resprayings etc in the future. I had great results with these.
This is helpful. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 65 of 65 Posts