Lexus CT200h Forums banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's on the facebook group Lexus CT200h USA group, there's no direct link to the private group video, you can see if this works. You may need to join the group to view.
Thanks, i joined the group, but cannot find the video, scrolled all the way down.

Could you please tell the approximate date of publish?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I noticed that this headlight has no side markings, will it pass the annual inspection?
I suppose it depends where you are located and how thorough your inspections is. I usually only worry about passing smog here in California. If anyone is going to give me a fix-it-ticket or state ref. for anything, it’ll likely be from a very observant California Highway Patrol officer.

·
Registered
2017 Lexus CT200h
14 Posts
Love the build bro! I just picked up a 17 CT F sport a few months ago white as well, got tired of driving my prius but loved the prius MPG lol. Just wanted to say thanks for all the updates and photos, You are inspiring my current CT build. Love the white on bronze color combo. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Love the build bro! I just picked up a 17 CT F sport a few months ago white as well, got tired of driving my prius but loved the prius MPG lol. Just wanted to say thanks for all the updates and photos, You are inspiring my current CT build. Love the white on bronze color combo. :)
Definitely inspiring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
View attachment 61276
View attachment 61277
View attachment 61275
Another update ish, I installed TRD skirts, lip, rear diffuser, modified the factory exhaust with functional dual outlets/tips. I updated to 2018+ taillights but I am still in progress for figuring out the turn signal problem (already have LED flasher relay installed without any luck). I’ll likely do another thread once that’s all done to my liking.
Been looking for outlets/tips like these for a similar modification. Don’t want to spend on a new exhaust system. If you don’t mind what kind of outlets are these?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Been looking for outlets/tips like these for a similar modification. Don’t want to spend on a new exhaust system. If you don’t mind what kind of outlets are these?

Found them on eBay, here's a link to the exact tips/outlets I bought

As far as the piping, you would only need 2.5" 90 Degree Elbow / Piping, if you're picky then you can get SS Mandrel bends like the one below

·
Registered
19 Posts

As far as the piping, you would only need 2.5" 90 Degree Elbow / Piping, if you're picky then you can get SS Mandrel bends like the one below
I'm a little curious as to what you did for the second outlet as well, did you just cut a hole into the driver side of the factory muffler or something? I'm trying to retain the factory exhaust sound with the stock muffler, last thing I want is to amplify the sound of a prius motor paired to a CVT

·
Registered
17 Posts

Thank you! This is helpful

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm a little curious as to what you did for the second outlet as well, did you just cut a hole into the driver side of the factory muffler or something? I'm trying to retain the factory exhaust sound with the stock muffler, last thing I want is to amplify the sound of a prius motor paired to a CVT
Good question. I’d like to know this as well

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Good question. I’d like to know this as well
I thought there wouldn't be an exhaust note change since I modified tips on the stock muffler. However, there is a subtle deep tone to it. I cut a hole on the other side, fed part of the 2.5" pipe through for the 2nd outlet. There is baffling that goes out the stock outlet, while the left/driver side of the muffler was empty. I do not notice the sound at all while driving, only outside the car when idle. It is very subtle so I do not mind it.
Musical instrument Automotive exhaust Gas Composite material Cylinder
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Asphalt

·
Registered
19 Posts
I thought there wouldn't be an exhaust note change since I modified tips on the stock muffler. However, there is a subtle deep tone to it. I cut a hole on the other side, fed part of the 2.5" pipe through for the 2nd outlet. There is baffling that goes out the stock outlet, while the left/driver side of the muffler was empty. I do not notice the sound at all while driving, only outside the car when idle. It is very subtle so I do not mind it.
Thank you for your service once again o7
Now I'm debating doing what you did without cutting the hole, and welding it straight to the outside of the muffler. If I go that route let's all just keep it a secret so I don't get bullied for a fake exhaust tip

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought there wouldn't be an exhaust note change since I modified tips on the stock muffler. However, there is a subtle deep tone to it. I cut a hole on the other side, fed part of the 2.5" pipe through for the 2nd outlet. There is baffling that goes out the stock outlet, while the left/driver side of the muffler was empty. I do not notice the sound at all while driving, only outside the car when idle. It is very subtle so I do not mind it. View attachment 61407 View attachment 61408
This looks great. I also wouldn’t mind a deeper idle but not looking drastically change the sound. Thanks for sharing your process with all of us. Really grateful!

P.S. did you weld yourself or take to a shop?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Thank you for your service once again o7
Now I'm debating doing what you did without cutting the hole, and welding it straight to the outside of the muffler. If I go that route let's all just keep it a secret so I don't get bullied for a fake exhaust tip
No problem. I was thinking of doing that at first, but because the surface is not flat it would've made it harder to weld to shape. That's also another reason why I decided to make it a functional dual/2nd outlet. Simply made a hole, line it up the way I like, mark the edges as a guide to cut the excess off prior to welding.

This looks great. I also wouldn’t mind a deeper idle but not looking drastically change the sound. Thanks for sharing your process with all of us. Really grateful!

P.S. did you weld yourself or take to a shop?
Thank you. I took it to my friends house for TIG welding (overkill/all he has lol). I'm overall happier with the result since the tip's are subtle compared to your typical quad tip aftermarket exhaust out there (better than spending $1K+ IMO).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a quick question about your wiring harnesses on the headlights, I noticed you only have the ground for the 8 pin going to the low beam, I'm guessing that'll work, but if something were to fail on the low beam's connector, or the lowbeam itself failed, the whole headlight would go out? I saw in another pic it looked like you spliced the ground from the 8 pin in two and ran another ground line to the high beam's connector.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I had a quick question about your wiring harnesses on the headlights, I noticed you only have the ground for the 8 pin going to the low beam, I'm guessing that'll work, but if something were to fail on the low beam's connector, or the lowbeam itself failed, the whole headlight would go out? I saw in another pic it looked like you spliced the ground from the 8 pin in two and ran another ground line to the high beam's connector.
Correct, I believe the first pics I had for my car I only spliced only one of the grounds. However for the second set of headlights (sold) I wired both the high & low ground into one going towards the 8 pin connector.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 71 Posts