Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having crap luck finding anything to throw on the 2016 CT's base version for remote start.

Anyone know what will work in this year model to add remote start, preferably the one to use a button already on the stock fob...

·
Registered
312 Posts
You can always use Lexus' remote starter, just make sure you find out if they install anything on the windshield first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can use factory remote and hit lock button three times for it to start with a aftermarket system.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
The factory system should only be several hundred feet without any obstructions if I remember correctly. This means line of sight. I personally was going to buy the OEM version remote start. That was until I then found out I could accomplish the samething with using CompuStar's T-Harness for less money without sacrificing quality. I press the OEM keyfob lock button 3 times and it starts right up. The entire cost plus labor was at least half of what Lexus was going to charge me. Not to mention, if you need more range from the unit, you can add a longer range remote or start your car from a smartphone (Drone).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi MonkeyWrench
I am actually from the UK where I do not think the remote start is on our options list so I was looking to buy it from America and have it fitted over here. The system you are talking about sounds good but I am not sure it is available in the UK but thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts