Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone aware if there has been a price increase for 2015? I'm still deciding if I should wait for one, or if I should go for the best deal I can get on a 2014. Due (I assume) to the limited inventory of 2014s left, the color/interior selection is limited, and it looks like the 2015s might have new colors.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Is anyone aware if there has been a price increase for 2015? I'm still deciding if I should wait for one, or if I should go for the best deal I can get on a 2014. Due (I assume) to the limited inventory of 2014s left, the color/interior selection is limited, and it looks like the 2015s might have new colors.
One of the techs at my dealer told me that the blue color for the F Sports is being discontinued for 2015. I wonder what they are replacing it with.

As far as pricing, I have no clue. We won't usually know until Lexus releases the information, or someone leaks it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just leased a 2015 (base model). It took a lot of negotiating to get them to honor the 2014 ($299 mo) rate. For what it's worth, they told me the 2015s cost more than the 2014s. Not sure if that's across the board - just posting what I know from my experience.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your help! I expect to be meeting with my salesman today or tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I am hoping version 2 comes out soon, apparently not for the 2015 model. Version 2 would have higher mpg and better performance maybe even a new moniker CT250h or CT300h. Even the 2015 is still basically just the original 2011 CT200h which is basically the current Prius V. Toyota (Prius) is strongly hinting a new improved version at least +10% in mpg and +10% in Hp; Lexus has been a lot more closed mouthed about their version 2.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I've found it to be the same price. Let us know how you go. I'm looking for one between now and the end of the year.

First off, I’m a big Lexus fan. I love the cars, and I love the service. That alone is what keeps driving me back to the dealership. I’ve bought 4 cars at the same dealership, and have had less than stellar experiences on 3 of the purchases. I’ve now had a 5[SUP]th[/SUP] experience, and the result is disappointing once again. I’ve decided to drive my IS through the winter, and order a 2015 Ford Focus ST in the spring. It’s a lot less money and more engaging to drive. I'll still have a Lexus, and will enjoy my service visits, but I'm done buying news cars there.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Too bad you're having a problem with your dealership. I'm SURE this doesn't reflect Lexis in general, as my dealer is Fantastic and Lexus rates as one of, if not, the best in customer satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
First off, I’m a big Lexus fan. I love the cars, and I love the service. That alone is what keeps driving me back to the dealership. I’ve bought 4 cars at the same dealership, and have had less than stellar experiences on 3 of the purchases. I’ve now had a 5[SUP]th[/SUP] experience, and the result is disappointing once again. I’ve decided to drive my IS through the winter, and order a 2015 Ford Focus ST in the spring. It’s a lot less money and more engaging to drive. I'll still have a Lexus, and will enjoy my service visits, but I'm done buying news cars there.
You'll love Focus ST especially if you get the top end ST3 option (equipment group 202A); my 20,000 mile service was all of $79 including a synthetic oil change

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You'll love Focus ST especially if you get the top end ST3 option (equipment group 202A) ...
That's my plan!

I was ready to drive home a new CT a week ago. They had the one I wanted sitting on the showroom floor, and I was getting tense as I watched people crawling all over "my" car! I get that they are in business to make a profit, but buying a new car shouldn't HAVE to be such an adversarial process.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's my plan!

I was ready to drive home a new CT a week ago. They had the one I wanted sitting on the showroom floor, and I was getting tense as I watched people crawling all over "my" car! I get that they are in business to make a profit, but buying a new car shouldn't HAVE to be such an adversarial process.
Every Lexus dealer I called when I was initially buying was terrible in their response and pressure. Once I figured out the dealer I was buying from, I got the same type of salesperson on the phone. He kept talking over me, and telling me to "just come down to the dealer" as I asked him questions about the car and price. I just said thank you for your time and hung up, and called right back. This time I asked the receptionist to connect me to a salesperson who is calm, relaxed, and with a laid back demeanor. She connected me to a female salesperson who was just absolutely perfect. Just a normal human being who just wanted to help me buy a car, not sell me one.

My advice, if you hate the sales experience, is to find a female salesperson, they rarely pull the same crap most male salespeople do. Not sexist, just experience.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Courtesy of sirA/G\L when I asked the same question:

New for 2015

• Siri Eyes Free Mode
  • Additional voice commands for NAV equipped
  • Lexus Enform App Suite adds Slacker and upgrades to iHeartRadio 4.0
  • Updated HomeLink with easier programming and two-way communication to let user know door is closed
  • Rear F SPORT badge on F SPORT
  • Turn signals adopt three-flash system

http://2015 Lexus CT 200h Might be ... Connected to Road, Ecology and Music | Lexus

thanks for the info!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm going into the dealer tomorrow to hopefully pick up a 2015 CT200h with f-sport. I got quoted for $1300 below invoice over email. If anyone else has gotten one already let me know what price you got as I'm sure there is wiggle room since it seemed pretty easy to get that price after emailing a couple dealers. I'm in SoCal.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm going into the dealer tomorrow to hopefully pick up a 2015 CT200h with f-sport. I got quoted for $1300 below invoice over email. If anyone else has gotten one already let me know what price you got as I'm sure there is wiggle room since it seemed pretty easy to get that price after emailing a couple dealers. I'm in SoCal.
You should certainly do your best, but some dealers do give you the best price fairly quickly over the internet because they know you are comparing prices and they don't want to do a lot of dickering. When people come in and try to further push them around, they circle the wagons and take back the offer they already made. I represented a dealer that did that. I think you might more likely to find some "hidden costs" that they will suddenly discover or "the manager won't let me sell it, but let me tell you what we can do". It is your choice, but you should be able to find out what they have in the car from Edmunds or some other website and if it is close, at this time of year, for a 2015, I wouldn't waste a lot of time trying to push them down to where it might not be worth their while to sell it to you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should certainly do your best, but some dealers do give you the best price fairly quickly over the internet because they know you are comparing prices and they don't want to do a lot of dickering. When people come in and try to further push them around, they circle the wagons and take back the offer they already made. I represented a dealer that did that. I think you might more likely to find some "hidden costs" that they will suddenly discover or "the manager won't let me sell it, but let me tell you what we can do". It is your choice, but you should be able to find out what they have in the car from Edmunds or some other website and if it is close, at this time of year, for a 2015, I wouldn't waste a lot of time trying to push them down to where it might not be worth their while to sell it to you.

Good luck.
Ya I'm not going in to argue for another couple hundred dollars, but will try to get him to throw in some free accessories or something. If he pulls the offer or adds mandatory service or car wash fees or something stupid like that I'll just go to another dealer or do it online since it's pretty much the same price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just leased my 2015 Nebula Gray F Sport.

$34140 Cap cost.

Got them down to $37000 flat including all fees.
Then got additional rebates and cash back reducing it down to $34140.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just leased my 2015 Nebula Gray F Sport.

$34140 Cap cost.

Got them down to $37000 flat including all fees.
Then got additional rebates and cash back reducing it down to $34140.
(1) When you said "rebates" , I assume it's the incentive from Lexus which is $2500 for for 2015 model and $2000 for the 2014 model ?
(2) Does your total/final cost of $34140 included NAV and premium package? F-sport model costs about $1300 more than the non-sport model

1 - 20 of 23 Posts