Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife drives our 2015 CT200h (base model).

The other day while we were both in the home, the car horn started going off (steady tone). It continued for several minutes (15+) while I tried to diagnose the issue (which is where I also found out about the confusing lack of 10W fuse for the horn).

I tried pressing the horn to see if there was a contact stuck or loose in the wheel with no impact. Tried turning the car on/off with no impact. Tried using the remotes to see if one of the alarm buttons was depressed, again, no impact.

Eventually the horn started to burn out. I could tell this was happening by the wonderful plastic/rubber smell and the fact that the horn 'stepped down' in terms of tone and volume towards the end.

The horn eventually burnt out completely and stopped making noise - now it's completely dead.

We've booked an appointment w a shop nearby but I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this previously and/or what you would recommend we look at for the issue? I'm thinking that because the horn wasn't alternating on/off (as an alarm would), it could be the spring in the steering column or a short circuit somewhere along the trace.

Any ideas are helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: We've taken it to a mechanic who believes it is the Relay. The Horn is getting a constant power signal and I think it is either that or a possible short somewhere. Taking it to Lexus soon to try and swap in a new relay to see if it fixes the problem. Hopefully just a swap and new horn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts