1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did Anyone notice: "featuring complimentary HD Radio™ real-time traffic and weather." I have to pay XM for traffic and weather, but now it's free. Why don't they give it to us loyal customers too?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did Anyone notice: "featuring complimentary HD Radio™ real-time traffic and weather." I have to pay XM for traffic and weather, but now it's free. Why don't they give it to us loyal customers too?

The 2014s have that too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
WTF is HD radio anyway? Time for Google. I have a 2014 CT200h with this stuff and I have no idea what it is. On the other hand while it took me two weeks to figure out the infotainment system on this car, now that I have, it's easy to use. It seems complex at first, simple once you figure it out (the Navi with the mouse thingy).

·
Registered
313 Posts
WTF is HD radio anyway? Time for Google. I have a 2014 CT200h with this stuff and I have no idea what it is. On the other hand while it took me two weeks to figure out the infotainment system on this car, now that I have, it's easy to use. It seems complex at first, simple once you figure it out (the Navi with the mouse thingy).
It's high defintion radio basically. Better quality sound, more information sent to you about the station (album art, station logos, etc.), and some stations have 2 or 3 HD stations at the same FM frequency.

Of note, on my 2014, the traffic part is not a list of traffic events, it's a map of my entire city and much of the surrounding region, showing traffic as color-marked highways. It's like using Google Maps with the traffic feature on. You can't zoom in or move around, however.

·
Registered
842 Posts
..............that's it? nothing on performance/drivetrain/fuel efficiency?

If you want high (or even much better) performance, you have lots of choices. If you want much better fuel efficiency, get a bicycle or skates.

Seriously, this car is what it is. It doesn't pretend to be a high performance vehicle. It gets decent mileage with a reasonable level of luxury. All of life is a compromise. I think the CT is a decent compromise.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you want high (or even much better) performance, you have lots of choices. If you want much better fuel efficiency, get a bicycle or skates.

Seriously, this car is what it is. It doesn't pretend to be a high performance vehicle. It gets decent mileage with a reasonable level of luxury. All of life is a compromise. I think the CT is a decent compromise.
Pretty much. The ideal compromise for me. Love the car, the style, handling, luxury, technology, etc. Like it more than just about any car I've ever owned, so much that I just traded my 2011 CT (no Nav) for a new 2014 with the Nav/better stereo/power passenger seat/homelink rearview mirror, rear camera, etc. LOVE the new features, still love the car, they even made it a bit quieter and smoother riding, and it was already smooth as silk and very quiet. Great car, for me at least. Of COURSE much of the auto press is going to bury this car in the reviews. If you GET the car, it's great. I get it. Works for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agreed! I'm still learning all the techno stuff...hopefully i'll be second nature to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts