Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some aftermarket taillights for my 2015. The outside taillights were plug and play, but the ones for the hatch are not. There is no wiring for taillights on the hatch. I read that you can tap into the license plate light wiring. I'm not good with wiring so it there a guide on how to tap into the wiring harness for the license plate.

·
Registered
2011 CT200h, Red matador mica
69 Posts
Well the best guide out there is the service manual where you can look at all the wiring diagrams.
I imagine you could use the wiring for the old inner taillights instead of splicing into the license plate lights, but I'd understand if you'd want to leave it alone if you wanted to revert back to stock in the future.
If you need more help beyond that, don't be afraid to ask around for it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
280 Posts
The aftermarket lights come with a connector plug. You are supposed to unplug one of the plate lights , insert the plug, then plug the plate light back in. I forget which one. If you do one and it's not bright enough, do the other one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The aftermarket lights come with a connector plug. You are supposed to unplug one of the plate lights , insert the plug, then plug the plate light back in. I forget which one. If you do one and it's not bright enough, do the other one.
Yeah it came with the adapter but the plug is different. So it looks like I'll have to hardwire it somehow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts