Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am interested in the upgrade too especially because there is a big hole at the middle of my front bumper from hitting something on the freeway. Did you replace the bumper yourself Rasche? If not, how much did you pay for it to be done? I will probably try to get a quote from a local body shop if I decided to do it!
yes I did do it myself it was very easy to do.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am interested in the upgrade too especially because there is a big hole at the middle of my front bumper from hitting something on the freeway. Did you replace the bumper yourself Rasche? If not, how much did you pay for it to be done? I will probably try to get a quote from a local body shop if I decided to do it!
Did it myself

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did it my self very easy.
Did you happen to take any pictures along the way? I would love to know that the removal install entailed. What level of difficulty would you say it is from 1-10, 1 being I can change my oil and that's it, and 10 being I could remove and replace any part and panel on the car in a day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i did it

·
Registered
39 Posts
No i did it myself

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you take any pics along the way? I would love to know how easy, easy really is.
1 easy no I forgot to take pics along the way. The hardest clips are the ones that hold end of bumper to quarter panel they are hidden but remove fender shrouds to get to. Also I did not remove front wheels. I think it would have been easier if I did remove front wheels.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes box is 6-7 feet long

hi Rasche! would like to ask, if its okay for you to measure the exact dimension/size of the box? i need it to calculate the freight to Philippines. Thank much in advance :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, looks amazing. I'm definitely gonna have to do this also. I was going to re-paint my front bumper due to chips and what not but rather spend the extra and put this new one on.

Rashe- what year is your CT? I'm gonna start saving up now for it :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
really tempted to do this... my 2011 smoky granite is due for a little makeover. my only minor concern is the front license plate. is there any possible way to not have it look hideous on this bumper??

has anyone else made this installation??

·
Registered
39 Posts
No they added parts they forgot to have in kit. I was the first one to buy kit. They forgot the upper chrome garnish, fog light brackets. And now the L.E.D. Fog lights are included I bought mine separate.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks for the info Rasche. Really interested to get mine. I have been hovering around dealerships to "see" the difference. The spindle bumper has really grown on me. Just out of curiosity, I asked my trusted Lexus service personnel about the cost to upgrade. I am in the Greater Toronto Area. I was told that a recent bumper fitment for a 2012 CT, before even the paint went in, was costed at $1,500 based on his recent experience. No, not an upgrade, no fog lights, just a new last model bumper for the older model was that amount. I would have laughed at his price, had I not known the price quoted for Hyundai bumpers for similar fender benders at Hyundai dealerships.

The Sewell asking price is still good at the new higher price, but it still is good two grand with shipping. I am close to making a decision to purchase, but not there yet.

Whoever has completed a swap, have you sold your older bumpers and fog lights? If so, how much did they fetch?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks for the info Rasche. Really interested to get mine. I have been hovering around dealerships to "see" the difference. The spindle bumper has really grown on me. Just out of curiosity, I asked my trusted Lexus service personnel about the cost to upgrade. I am in the Greater Toronto Area. I was told that a recent bumper fitment for a 2012 CT, before even the paint went in, was costed at $1,500 based on his recent experience. No, not an upgrade, no fog lights, just a new last model bumper for the older model was that amount. I would have laughed at his price, had I not known the price quoted for Hyundai bumpers for similar fender benders at Hyundai dealerships.

The Sewell asking price is still good at the new higher price, but it still is good two grand with shipping. I am close to making a decision to purchase, but not there yet.

Whoever has completed a swap, have you sold your older bumpers and fog lights? If so, how much did they fetch?
Typically a full bumper with fogs will fetch about 250 - 400 depending on condition.
At least that is what I have seen previously for other cars.

IMO you are better off keeping the old bumper somewhere.
When you go to sell the car, the fact that it has a 2014 bumper won't make a huge difference, you might as well sell that one separately.

·
Registered
12 Posts
man.. i'm close to pulling the trigger... but still torn. can't wait to hear from everyone who goes through with this.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts