Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm a newbie... having just picked up my 2014 CT on Saturday 3/22. I test drove the 2013 CT a few times last summer but never really felt good about the ride. The 2014 feels completely different to me, a lot quieter and more supple of a ride. Does anyone that drove both the pre-2014 and 2014 models feel the same way??

Matt

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got a 2014 F Sport on Saturday. I test drove a 2011 and a 2014 on the same day. I thought the 2014 was quieter and had a better interior but that was mostly base vs Tech package. I ended up buying the 2014 and F Sport package without having actually driven one. Glad I got the F Sport, the ride is plenty smooth and but the added tossability is great.
I have read that the 2014 includes 100+ refinements to lower noise and increase stiffness. I think it paid off. I am very glad that I didn't buy the used 2011 even though it was 1/2 the price.

·
Registered
71 Posts
From a UK review of the 2014 2014 Lexus CT200h F Sport first drive Review | Autocar

There are minor styling alterations - mostly to ensure that the brand’s ‘spindle’ grille design is synchronised across its lineup - but the bulk of the changes occur underneath, where the engineers have clearly been told to resolve some of the criticisms levelled at the old model.

To improve body rigidity, Lexus has broken out the structural adhesive and found space for 20 additional spot welds around the tailgate, allowing it to adjust the spring rates on the CT200h’s notoriously tough suspension. It has also introduced 94 separate measures to combat the car’s thoroughly un-Lexus like NVH problems, including improved sound deadening behind the dash and in the rear arches.

Although the standard powertrain remains basically unaltered - essentially the same 98bhp 1.8-litre petrol engine and 81bhp electric motor that powers the Toyota Prius - the CT200h’s transmission has been remapped for a more linear build-up of revs, in the hope that a more conventional and intuitive driving experience will result. Inside, there’s a new rotary remote touch control for the infotainment system, as well as a cheaper (£995) navigation option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I test drove a 2014 today. The ride is definitely less harsh and slightly quieter than my 2013. I like the new (non-F-sport) front bumper, but am not a big fan of the new rear bumper. The Lexus Display Audio sound quality is better than last year's premium audio, but the screen and controller look out of place (looks like both were just yanked out of the Lexus parts bin; the plastics don't match the rest of the dash). Also thought the new steering wheel and shift knob were both a step down.

I was thinking about trading up, but would be happy if I could retrofit some ride quality improvements (and LED headlights :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts