Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the January issue of Car & Driver, they had an article on why the Accord (ICE engine) and BMW 3's has had a dynasty year over year for making the Ten Best Cars. In the final paragraph of the article they go on to say "In some ways, the 3-series feels like an expensive Accord, which feels like an economy 3-series". that says a lot about the Accord. I haven't test driven the Accord, but the specs looks more compelling than the CT. It's mpg is rated at 50/45, the 0-60 was observed at 7.2 sec for the hybrid, faster than the hon-hybrid, and the base price is $3k cheaper. But the CT is probably a better handling car being smaller and lighter. So the Accord is bigger, faster, cheaper, and gets better mpg, it would be worth a look if you are shopping for a hybrid. If I didn't own the CT, that car would probably be at the top of my list to consider.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The few Hybrid Accords listed on Fuelly.com shows an average of 38mpg. Not exactly close to the 49mpg I'm getting over 91 fill-ups and counting with my CT.

Don't get me wrong, the 2014 Accord is nice. Granted, I haven't driven the hybrid, but I did test drive the 4 cylinder and with the cloth seats, I have to say "meh". On par with a CT? They're different. The cockpit in the CT is smaller (or cozier / sportier, if you want to spin it), but the Accord feels like... an Accord.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, was wondering the same thing about the low mpg on Fuelly, but I think it is somewhat skewed due to the unusually cold weather we've been having. I think it was available around Nov. of last year so just in time to hit winter.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I think the Accord goes a lot faster with a heavy foot and a heavy foot going faster significantly reduces mileage. However, you have got to wonder when the competition ( I use that word very loosely) starts beating the CT200h in mpg and other features, e.g. audio, how long the CT200h will remain a significant player ??

·
Registered
97 Posts
The few Hybrid Accords listed on Fuelly.com shows an average of 38mpg. Not exactly close to the 49mpg I'm getting over 91 fill-ups and counting with my CT.

Don't get me wrong, the 2014 Accord is nice. Granted, I haven't driven the hybrid, but I did test drive the 4 cylinder and with the cloth seats, I have to say "meh". On par with a CT? They're different. The cockpit in the CT is smaller (or cozier / sportier, if you want to spin it), but the Accord feels like... an Accord.
So, what are your tricks to get 49mpg on Fuelly? I am a naturally fuel-efficient driver, and only get 42mpg. Of course the car says 45mpg.

·
Registered
180 Posts
So, what are your tricks to get 49mpg on Fuelly? I am a naturally fuel-efficient driver, and only get 42mpg. Of course the car says 45mpg.
Drive 65 mph or lower, even on the freeway (up to 70 for passing only). Stay behind a big rig (at a safe distance). It's just a commute, so I take it easy to unwind. The car is actually quieter when going slower.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Drive 65 mph or lower, even on the freeway (up to 70 for passing only). Stay behind a big rig (at a safe distance). It's just a commute, so I take it easy to unwind. The car is actually quieter when going slower.
Thanks! It'll be hard to go 65mpg or less, even in Winter, heaven forbid in any other season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts