Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I renewed my lease from a 2011 CT200h with Premium to the 2014 CT200h with Technology.

I think the car is aesthetically nicer and the ride smoother. The GPS is a bonus but I found my Garmin more detailed.

The biggest disappointment in this has to be the audio system.

On the Premium, I had a 6-disc CD player. Now with the Technology, they replaced the 6-disc CD with a one-disc DVD player!!

First of all - who needs a DVD player in a car? In a minivan or an SUV with an overhead center console, it makes sense (especially if you have kids). On a coupe or sedan on the dash - it does not! The car has to be in park and the parking brake engaged. I understand this for safety's sake but this is such a useless accesory and I think - a step down from the older format! For those who don't have satellite radio or use the USB option, this really limits the options! :mad: From 6 discs to one!

Also, the display still does not show the entire track name - only a partial, as it did on my "regular" audio player on my previous car. I thought the navigation screen would have been allowed this - but no!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hope you enjoy your new CT. I agree with you, the radio/electronics/GPS leaves much to be desired. Not sure what it's like in the more expensive Lexus's. It may be a function of buying their entry level car. I came from a Jeep GC with its fantastic UConnect system and was very disappointed with the CT...but I've gotten used to it and can live with it for the length of my two year lease.

·
Registered
58 Posts
People do use cds... like the OP.

This is common, now, unfortunately. I think it's about price. A single DVD player costs less than a multi disk CD, now. I remember when Cadillac made a similar change several years ago in their $70k+ vehicles. It's not just Lexus our even the low end... I think CD changers are, essentially, gone (and my truck and minivan had multi disk DVD players... they are going away too.)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Although I do still own a ton of CDs, the music that I play is now on mini-USB keys that I can plug into the USB slots that can be hidden in the center console.

My argument is that a 6-disc CD option is always a better one than a one-disc DVD - especially if it's in a vehicle that is not a van/SUV.

BTW, if you want to purchase a mini-USB, get the Sandisk Cruzer Fit as opposed to the LaCie Moskeyto. I had problems with the 2 Moskeytos that I used - tracks that would not play and others that would cut out partway through. Was constantly re-formatting and reloading the music back on. I recently switched to the Sandisk and have had absolutely zero problems since.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I really don't understand the big squawk. All DVD players (that I know of) will play music (or other audio) CD's. A tempest in a teapot. I have a 6 CD changer in one of my other cars and in my CT. I don't remember the last time I loaded up with more than one CD and frankly, I have not used it at all in over a year. I play off bluetooth from my IPhone.

Just not even a medium deal, much less a big deal, IMO.

I wish they would just fix the many problems with losing my place on my audio book from time to time. THAT is important! :)

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
My thread - my squawk!
What you don't still have 8-tracks and want an 8-track player along with your built-in CB? I'm with Joe's answer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! I wasn't aware that my "backwardness" would open me up to such mocking!

... and a shot from a Mod none-the-less!

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Wow! I wasn't aware that my "backwardness" would open me up to such mocking!

... and a shot from a Mod none-the-less!
Montreal's nice, enjoy your CT200h and I apologize if I offended you - Take Care MidCow3

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is unfortunate no 6 disc player, not that I'd use it often but it still would be a good standard option to have.

I tried out the DVD player, with a DVD... Yeah with parking break on requirement it's rather useless. I'd give up DVD for 6 disc.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Seriously??? You consider that a mocking?
I re-read it all, and it sounds like an innocent joke.
Yeah, I didn't think it was mean spirited at all, but then again, it wasn't aimed at me. Some people are very sensitive, some of us are not.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't find the DVD option useless. Here in austria I bought the CT200h with a 6 DVD changer and I love to hear concerts (Classic - Pop) in dts 5.1 with the Mark Levinson system. It is really great! No CD or USB-file can give you that surround feeling.

Is the Mark Levinson system available in the US with the facelift yet? I know it has not been with the 2011+ model.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts