Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:):rolleyes:

Hello! My name is Stephanie & I'm from Los Angeles,CA. I was fortunate enough to find my dream car on Dec 2017. I was finding a car and always thought of the ct200h when I first saw it back in 2012. I knew I HAD to have it! I searched for about one year until I found the one I purchased. All of the cars I found all had about 90,000-140,000 miles on the car and had retail sticker prices which I found insane. I bought my car through Capital one. Its a 2014 ct200h base with 19,000 miles no accidents and everything original! Black with caramel interior. I fell in love and couldn't just let it go away. I went to the dealer, drove it and the rest is history. Its April now and I think my only concern is the maintenance. My dad usually does the monthly checks on lit. Oils all liquids the basic. My question is do you guys go strictly off the manufacturer schedule or do your own thing? What is recommended?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Beautiful car, I bought a Pearl White 2012 Premium in January and love it. Hybrids in general don't need much maintenance, batter packs last a long time. Same drivetrain as a Prius but much better looking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice car. I have a 2014 I bought last year in Fire agate (brown) with caramel interior. I go with manufacturers schedule. I think the oil change is every 5000 miles. A maintenance reminder should pop up on the dash when it’s time. I take mine to a trusted mechanic who knows hybrids to do all the routine maintenance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations steph! Love the car lol. I’m not a licensed mechanic nor a master mechanic with ASE certification but, following the scheduled requirements for maintenance on your vehicle is usually best. Granted people think the dealership is just using that as a gimmic to get you back into their grasp to spend more money. The manufacturer knows it’s vehicle best, just know that if you aren’t sure always ask. But the better you care for your vehicle ( preventive maintenance ) the LONGER It will run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts