Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a 2012 CT200h premium model and was recently in an accident. It has been recently determined that the car is a total loss, so I need to buy a new car here soon. I've narrowed my choices down to either a new CT200h F sport or a new Accord Hybrid EX L. Which car do you all think I should get?

Accord:
pros better gas mileage (maybe), more power/torque, more space, same bells and whistles.
cons mushy steering, no fold down rear seats, slightly less luxurious, lesser warranty.

CT200h F sport:
pros proven hybrid technology, familiarity, better handling/steering, looks better (imho)
cons slow as eff, high lexus maintenance cost (though I have been just going to Toyota), nu-luxe vs leather...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Depends completely on you. You've driven the CT. Have you driven the Accord? If over 90% of your driving now and a few years hence will include just the driver or just one passenger, the CT is a good contender. Plus the rear fold down seats with the hatch layout has proven very handy for me. I plan to completely switch to Toyota for my service once the extended warranty complimentary maintenance runs out.

Accord is a great family vehicle and an equally helpful community should you lean towards any modifications and maintenance related dilemma. I find its stereo and dash more intuitive as well. Accord seems less noisy at high speeds, but I could be wrong. You could try a few sound meter apps on your smartphone to test.

The CT's iteration of the regular spindle bumper with its lightly blackened plastic along the middle looks completely out of place and disgusting in person especially on a lighter colored car. The f-sport iteration of the bumper gives much much better look. However, the f-sport is darker inside, because of the black interior. You might want to consider this coming out of an older premium edition.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Nice to know about your car in detail. Its really a good design and specifications are also advanced and fit from every point.I like it so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts