Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CT200h base silver lining
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Newbie here.
2014 base CT, 72k miles, one owner, well maintained…I’ve just started a seven day trial drive and am enjoying it (the lack of power does not seem to be an issue for me). I just read that the hybrid electrical components warranty is for 8 years/100k miles. I am not concerned about the mileage but should I expect problems in the next few years with hybrid battery
I could potentially hold out/pay more for a newer car and some sort of extended warranty but was planning on maintaining this one at my local Toyota/Lexus mechanic.
Any knowledge and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, FD

·
Registered
77 Posts
Change oil yourself- Keep oil BELOW the Dot on the stick, even dealerships overfill.. Change the plugs every 60k, no need to strip threads taking old swelled plugs out, there cheap and simple, ensure gaps at .041 Everything should be fine..

HV battery- no problems yet, I am close to 100k now.. I should consider getting a new start battery (12v) for my 2014, but I might wait till the Christmas lights blink all over the dash, who knows what I’ll do, system is designed to pulse charge the 12v from HV batt on dead batt cycle, so that’s not a pressing issue..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Change oil yourself- Keep oil BELOW the Dot on the stick, even dealerships overfill.. Change the plugs every 60k, no need to strip threads taking old swelled plugs out, there cheap and simple, ensure gaps at .041 Everything should be fine..

HV battery- no problems yet, I am close to 100k now.. I should consider getting a new start battery (12v) for my 2014, but I might wait till the Christmas lights blink all over the dash, who knows what I’ll do, system is designed to pulse charge the 12v from HV batt on dead batt cycle, so that’s not a pressing issue..
Thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great car, my 2014 is about to hit 130k, no issues, original battery, main and regular, and even original brakes, yes I have not changed the brakes yet. I change the oil with synthetic every 5k I don't care if they say the oil can last you 100 years, it is as bad of an advice as the tire pressure they recommend, wrong. Great car, if I were on the market I would look for a more comfortable and smoother car on the road. I love my car and I loved how much I got out of it, but I am considering a much more comfortable car, smoother and quieter ride. CT can get rough and loud, if that does not bother you, it is the perfect car. I have owned mine since new, never had a single issue. I did change the original tires with Michelin Pilot Sport all season, feels much better than the original Michelin tires. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great car, my 2014 is about to hit 130k, no issues, original battery, main and regular, and even original brakes, yes I have not changed the brakes yet. I change the oil with synthetic every 5k I don't care if they say the oil can last you 100 years, it is as bad of an advice as the tire pressure they recommend, wrong. Great car, if I were on the market I would look for a more comfortable and smoother car on the road. I love my car and I loved how much I got out of it, but I am considering a much more comfortable car, smoother and quieter ride. CT can get rough and loud, if that does not bother you, it is the perfect car. I have owned mine since new, never had a single issue. I did change the original tires with Michelin Pilot Sport all season, feels much better than the original Michelin tires. Good luck!
Oh thanks! I ended up holding off on the 2014 and was just about to pull the trigger on a Carvana 2016 with only 28k but then a 2015 with 75k showed up at a local Toyota dealership that would save me $4,400 over the overpriced 2016 Carvana deal.
Your response came at the perfect time to help me not be a sucker for the overpriced Carvana convenience. I really appreciate it! I hope the harshness and noise isn’t an issue for me and I hope you find yourself in a smooth peaceful ride. Take care! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am considering a much more comfortable car, smoother and quieter ride. I did change the original tires with Michelin Pilot Sport all season, feels much better than the original Michelin tires. Good luck!
I increased the sidewall rubber for a smoother ride.. running Hankook Kinergy ST 215/55r17 from Wallfart.. no problems whatsoever, tires fit the wheel well hole a bit better too.. Much smother ride at 32lbs air pressure..

the Biggest and Best thing- my speedometer is cop road scanner Spot-On now, no more tailgaters..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts