Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

for a month now I’m the happy owner of a 2013 Luxory Line with ML. My previous car was an E83 X3 3.0d despite of some shortcomings like the very stiff suspension and the maintenance costs I loved it, but we’ve moved in a small town in the Netherlands with narrow streets and very low speed limits and the big 3.0d engine was just suffering here. After a lot of research I decided for the Ct but because of some registration issues I had to wait 2 month till I finally got the car. In the meantime I’ve watched all reviews I could find on youtube, read every article and at least 100 threads on this forum. I had a lot of questions, mainly for the reason that this is my first hybrid, and also my first Lexus. To most of my questions I’ve got an answer but there are some I couldn’t, so I’d like to ask here.

I really like this car. Of course after just 1300kms our relationship is in an early stage but the car has almost everything I’ve wanted. I’ve read in every review that the suspension is stiff but after the BMW it’s soft like a feather pillow. In the city the power is more than enough, on the highway the BMW is playing in a different league in a different universe but to be honest I don’t care. 98 percent of time I use it in the city and for that it’s great. I like the sound system, it’s very good, I like the fine details and enjoy every time I get in the car how relaxing is to drive it.

There are I few things I don’t like or don’t understand here are a few and some questions, I'd appreciate your feedback.

The first is the road noise. I’ve put soundeadening in my last two cars, I’m a little bit OCD when it comes to noises so it’s something I’ll put in the Ct too. I know that not the absolute level of the noise but direction and the frequency is the problem.

The ML system has a great sound but a very annoying GUI, with very limited settings and compatibility. It’s ok that it can’t play flac files, but it also can’t wav, it plays wma but doesn’t lossless wma. It won’t play most of my DTS CD-s, on the display I see the songs, the timer but no sound. How is that a sourrond system?
Is there a way to seek/fast forward a song?
Is there a way to see the remaining time?
Is it possible to display the album view?
Or scroll the title?

Probably the last one is the most annoying problem, combined with the fact that after every restart the system gets back to album view where only the filenames are visible, it’s really frustrating. I think 15 years ago this wouldn’t have been a decent system not talking about now, and I know that I even have the updatet one.

There is a calibration option in the navigation menu for tire change. Does it affect the tacho? If I put bigger tires /taller sidewalls/ on the car, will I be to compensate the readings?

Thanks in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts